Lone Wolf does not work properly with Fleche

archangel

Lone Wolf does not work properly with Fleche

Post by archangel »

LW2 version:1.1
Platform: Windows 7
Other mods: Perfect Information

My Shinobi has Lone Wolf.
I used Fleche on a distant target that was away 7 tiles from any ally but I did not get the +10 aim bonus. Shinobi did start his movement within 7 tiles of other allies but that should not matter if its target is 7 tiles away.

If hit chances are always and only calculated from the starting point of characters, it makes a perk like Lone Wolf rarely useful.
Manifest

Re: Lone Wolf does not work properly with Fleche

Post by Manifest »

That is indeed how it works and always worked i believe. And if it didn't work like this, there'd be little downside to it. Your shinobi must always be in danger or off on the flank as a price of the perk.
wei270

Post by wei270 »

if you started near allie you don;t get lone wolf just use your first action to move 7 title away from allies. doesn't hurt flech damage because it counts your title at the start of your turn.
archangel

Post by archangel »

If it always worked like this it does not mean it is good. LW2 already fixed some problems from vanilla Xcom 2, why not fix this one as well.
TyreT

Post by TyreT »

I don't think this would be an easy change. You can trigger Fleche via context by directly right-clicking an enemy but it can also be initiated via the Fleche ability-icon. If you use the icon, you can see the hit and crit chances and the possible damage like with every other attack. In addition, you can select the direction from which to melee-attack. If you would be 7 tiles away from allies from one direction but not another, that would mean the aim formula would have be recalculated every time you change the attack direction....
I'm not sure if this behavior is mod-able(=if the aim calculation can be manually called), it could be that this is hard-coded.