Ragdoll bug freezes gameplay

magitsu

Ragdoll bug freezes gameplay

Post by magitsu »

My Shen's Last Gift mission stalled yesterday, quite possibly due to a ragdoll related bug. In the latter of these saves if you move your cursor around and wait a bit you can see a Rusty MEC corpse glitching around (near where the Spark was found). Since this floor only has turrets and Spark-001 it must have glitched in from the lower level.

I tried the saves again today and in the former I could move a character, but end turn or using the elevator doesn't work. It stalls after that move. In the latter you can only turn the camera angles and scroll.

Two reproducible saves here, where the game stalled in different places. They are from the same mission originally. Replaying the mission from a previous save that was made after the squad selection phase worked as expected. So it must be a random occurrence.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wmi ... jJ0VjkzSWc

I'd rate this as not critical since full restart of the mission works, but if ragdoll-bugs are more common then it might be of use for debugging.

Win 10 Pro x64, Long War 2 version 1.0
Mods: Capnbubs Accessories Pack, Evac All, Gotcha (Flank Preview Evolved), Instant Avenger Menus, Overwatch All/Others, Perfect Information, Stop Wasting My Time
Pendrako

Re: Ragdoll bug freezes gameplay

Post by Pendrako »

Actually.. if you hang around there long enough, Bots do spawn, it's after you've blown away every possible turret spawn (or Julian gets bored), though.
magitsu

Re: Ragdoll bug freezes gameplay

Post by magitsu »

Pendrako wrote:Actually.. if you hang around there long enough, Bots do spawn, it's after you've blown away every possible turret spawn (or Julian gets bored), though.
Good to know. Anyway, I didn't take out one on that level but a Rusty MEC corpse keeps glitching around, enough to hover around midair. So there is a ragdoll glitch, but I'm unsure if that is the reason for the gameplay stalling/breaking end turn etc.