Rocket Launcher Aiming Bug

TheReaderRabbit

Rocket Launcher Aiming Bug

Post by TheReaderRabbit »

Whenever I use the rocket launcher, it appears to go off target. I can see the highlighted blast radius before firing, and have nothing obstructing the shot. I've tried reloading, re-aiming, and using it across multiple missions. This weapon looks cool, but it's not worth a damn if I can't hit anything shooting at me.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Rocket Launcher Aiming Bug

Post by johnnylump »

Are you using it after moving? Are you reading the scatter value to determine the distance it can go of course? Have you investigated the Fire in the Hole perk?
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

actually... I believe a Stock and Steadying a Weapon might also help too. but I could be wrong, given that excellent rocket shot i had nail 8+ guys only had a scatter of 2 and that might be the "didn't move last turn" bit... that and if there's that many X-rays, you're going to hit a decent amount of them regardless of scatter, given the rocket AoE.
TheReaderRabbit

Post by TheReaderRabbit »

Thanks for the input. Perhaps I'll have to figure out how to make a video.

Johnnylump- What made me flag this as a potential issue is the mission I'm on now. I have a save file right when I need to fire the rocket. I moved my grunt during the last turn. On my current turn I've moved my grunt to a few different fire locations, but the result remains fixed. There are three baddies in a group. When I aim for the center baddie I should hurt the others and mop up the cover. Whenever I fire, the rocket always goes directly at the same baddie on the edge of the group (no matter where I fire from) even though in same cases he is the furthest away. The fact that this result remains fixed seems odd to me.

I had the same issue on an earlier battle, but chalked it up to the fact that I just had bad luck. But it did make me wonder- Can the rocket score a direct hit against a baddie? i.e. in the real world you would be aiming at vehicle or a structure, not necessary the baddie.

I'll have to try the game again tonight to get more info. I'll try to get the 'scatter value' and the distance to target. I'm at the start of a game, so I haven't reached the 'Fire in the Hole' perk.