2kb Steam update = total chaos

NephilimNexus

2kb Steam update = total chaos

Post by NephilimNexus »

Not sure what just happened. About an hour ago there was a tiny, 2kb update on Steam. Curious to see what it could have been about (2kb? Really?) I went to start a new game (note: no mods, just LW2 for verification purposes) to see what, if any, differences I could find.

Characters where doing the crucified pose common to animation malfunctions during the dropship animation. And there was a dropship animation for some reason. Once started, the mission had no orders. Grenade icons were missing. Moved one soldier to pick up a loot drop and animation was of a completely different soldier picking it up. At the end of the mission the game just crashed completely.

I haven't seen so much chaos packing into 2kb outside of Demoscene. :lol:

Thinking maybe this "update" was an accident perhaps? Someone released just a single file that's meant to be part of something bigger to be released later I'm guessing?

Anyway, just figured you should know so that you can roll it back until you're ready.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: 2kb Steam update = total chaos

Post by johnnylump »

We didn't update anything. Suggest you run troubleshooting steps.
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Will do!
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Alright, I went ahead and fired up Steam. I unsubscribed from every XCOM2 mod, then deleted the folders to make sure. Then I resubscribed to the LW2 mod, downloaded it again, and launched a new game.

It was still completely borked. :cry:

Being scientific, I next went over to the Nexus and downloaded LW from them, deleted the contents of the LW mod folder in my Steam workshop directory and then manually dragged the contents of the Nexus file over into the Steam workshop folder.

Now it's working just fine. :shock: