Evac Zone Disappearing

Daetya

Evac Zone Disappearing

Post by Daetya »

1) Long War 1.1
2) Windows 8
3) Cosmetics + Evac All, Cost Based Ability Colors, Additional Icon and Isky's Big LW2 Name Mod
4) Made a really short video recording the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsoasCH ... e=youtu.be
5) I can upload the savegame if needed

It's Ironman and i seem unable to Evac my team at all cause the zone disappears as soon as i move any soldier. I tried different soldiers and different tiles. I can't call the Skyranger again. It's Haven Defense. Need help on this because i don't want to squad wipe again due to a bug really. Thanks :?
Daetya

Re: Evac Zone Disappearing

Post by Daetya »

I cannot even pick up the soldier in the lower floor, whole building seems somehow screwed with objects/tiles.
A workaround or a console command or anything else that could get me out of such situation would be appreciated as i assume it's something hard to fix and unlikely retro-active.

EDIT: Resolved trough console RestartLevel.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the report. This can happen when the tiles under the evac zone are destroyed during the battle, but the evac zone doesn't relocate properly.

Another workaround until we can release a patch with this fix is to use the following console commands:

EnableGlobalAbility PlaceEvacZone
LWForceEvac

The first enables your soldiers to throw evac flares, and the second will force the evac zone to spawn immediately instead of needing to wait for it to count down again (it'll have a +2 turn timer when you throw the flare).
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

OH.. speaking of Evac principles, TT.

Is it normal that the newest feature of rescued Rebels/Prisoners aren't given an Evac/ALL capacity while standing in the Zone?
As of now.. they seem to react with Vanilla processing only -- of individual steps.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

This is better asked on the evac all workshop page instead of here, but no it isn't by design. Evac All will need an update to support this, but I'm still trying to track down reports of it not working on soldiers in some circumstances before I release an update.
florinadrian

Post by florinadrian »

Thanks for the workaround and for this awesome LW2 overhaul.

To help with the fix, here's how it happened to me (as the previous reporter said the zone disappeared when the first unit moved in, which was not my case):
Using Evac All (and many other mods).
Mission to save Resistance so no Call Evac option. Early in the mission, Bradford told me that the zone had to be moved.
When I had cleared the map and got to see the Evac Zone, I noticed that:
-the icon marker was right on the edge of the map
-there were no flares on the ground
Neither the rescued people nor any soldier could find any tile around the icon marker where Evac buttons were enabled.

I suspect that the zone was moved too far out the map. The new location should not be set so that the icon marker is placed right on the edge of the map, it should be at least a tile more in the interior (from all edges) so the entire Evac zone would fit.

Good luck