If I rush Magnetic Weapons, my resistance fighters have lasers

Flapdrol

If I rush Magnetic Weapons, my resistance fighters have lasers

Post by Flapdrol »

When I research Magnetic Weapons (and skip lasers), my resistance fighters sometimes are armed with laser weaponry when hunting Faceless.
Seems odd.
trihero

Re: If I rush Magnetic Weapons, my resistance fighters have lasers

Post by trihero »

Flapdrol wrote:When I research Magnetic Weapons (and skip lasers), my resistance fighters sometimes are armed with laser weaponry when hunting Faceless.
Seems odd.
It's not a bug, it's intended as a way for your resistance fighters to gradually upgrade their gear over time. The faceless groups get bigger over time (although slowly) so you kinda want those upgrades.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Naw, it's a good point, the idea was XCOM's tech filtering out into the Resistance, but trailing the cutting-edge. I'll add some additional tech checks to ensure this is consistent.
Ithuriel

Post by Ithuriel »

Just gonna confirm this. Something else weird though- I think Resistance members with non-ballistic weapons (i.e. anything upgraded) will drop the weapons when they die. On my first campaign attempt I- admittedly accidentally- mag rushed and skipped lasers. Resistance members started showing up with laser weapons, and I've somehow acquired one laser rifle and one laser SMG, but I've never researched lasers. My conclusion is that the weapons appear to be dropping off of Resistance members when they die. If you're not already aware of this, you might want to fix this before people start farming Resistance members...