Fleche

wizard1200

Fleche

Post by wizard1200 »

I noticed strange results with fleche: The damage is lower if the shinobi moves directly to the target (yellow range) and higher if the shinobi makes a blue move first and uses fleche with the second action.
Zyrrashijn

Re: Fleche

Post by Zyrrashijn »

That is probably because it draws an additional RNG roll by taking two actions (blue move, fleche) against one (yellow fleche). Whenever a voiced line is drawn ("Affirmative", "On the double" etc.) there's an rng roll involved.
wizard1200

Post by wizard1200 »

I think that the rng is not the issue, because the tiles of the blue move AND the tiles of the yellow move with fleche increased the damage, because otherwise the shinobi could not get a base damage of 7 - 9 with the standard sword.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

Fleche gives bonus damage based on the distance moved as part of the attack, I believe +1 every 4 tiles by default.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

fowlJ wrote:Fleche gives bonus damage based on the distance moved as part of the attack, I believe +1 every 4 tiles by default.
Yes and OP is saying that movement that is not part of the attack is causing strange behaviour. If you move towards the target and then fleche, you should not be doing more damage than if you fleche'd from standing.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

Arcalane wrote:
fowlJ wrote:Fleche gives bonus damage based on the distance moved as part of the attack, I believe +1 every 4 tiles by default.
Yes and OP is saying that movement that is not part of the attack is causing strange behaviour. If you move towards the target and then fleche, you should not be doing more damage than if you fleche'd from standing.
Oh, I read that completely backwards somehow - yeah, that's not right.