Enemy activity fluctuates in supply raid and other odness

Cerberus

Enemy activity fluctuates in supply raid and other odness

Post by Cerberus »

Hi, I’ve been playing Long war 2 and been having a great time, but I recently discovered some odd things concerning a supply raid mission that I think might be bugs, though some things might be intended and due to gameplay elements I don’t understand. Still I thought I’d mention them so you could fix them if they need fixing.
1) The version of Long War you are playing.

Version 1.1

2) The platform you are playing on.

Windows 10

3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with.
(I tried deselecting all mods except long war 2 and still got similar results)
Denmark
Iceland
Finland
overwatch all/others
evac all
Gothcha (flank preview evolved)
Perfect information
Commanders choice
show helath values
Pod activation preview
Tiny tina voicepack v. 1
Make all items available & remove unused upgrades

4) The circumstances of the bug or precise steps to produce it.
Basic setup:
I found a supply raid with 4 days 5 hours in East Asia which currently had advent strengths 3 and the activity level was indicated as light moderate. I decide to attempt it with an intel boost and I have a save for this point.

around 2 hour before the mission 3 deadline advent strength is still 3. I boost it to just above 100% (103% to be exact but activity level is now moderate (I've reloaded several times and gotten different results anywhere from light moderate as originally to I think moderate heavy and obviously have a save game at this point to. I even got down to light on one attempt , but that was with all other mods deselected so it’s not fully comparable).

I allow to mission deadline to fully hit, but just before the mission expires troop strength drops to 2 as an advent strength point goes to West Asia making the advent strength 2 in East Asia and 4 in west. As this happens advent activity level goes up (actually I’ve attempted to recreate this several time again and the increase in activity level happens sometimes, but not always). If I then abort the mission advent strength increases to 3 again and drops back to 3 in West Asia.

This raises several issues from my point as view though some might be due to game mechanics i don't understand:

1) why is advent activity level higher than the mission says when advent strength has not changed?

2) why is it not the same activity level every time I go back to that save game and boost the mission.

3) why does the activity level rise when advent strengths drops (I suspect this might be intentional so it's harder to prevent reinforcements to weak regions)

4) why is the AI moving a strenght level from East Asia to West Asia and from West Asia to East Asia at almost the exact some point in time?

I got save games, but I get an error message of "invalid file extension save 450" when I try to attack it to this post, I'll be happy to send it to you by email if you've got an address for feedback. Or I can attach them If you'll tell me how to get around the error.
PerkPrincess

Re: Enemy activity fluctuates in supply raid and other odness

Post by PerkPrincess »

Enemy activity shows you the rough estimate of how many pods you'll encounter if you were to launch a mission immediately. The baseline you see before you decide to infiltrate is what it will be if you get to 100% infilitration. This is why it also changes if you were to keep checking it again and again, at different times.

So doing a 4 day supply run, chances are you'll end up with a higher activity than your baseline. That's kinda the nature of any raid-style missions, as those tend to be near impossible to 100% infiltrate, so it's usually just better to send a full squad in with no real worry for infiltration.

Advent strength in a region is simply a multiplyer that's applied to any missions in the region.
Cerberus

Re: Enemy activity fluctuates in supply raid and other odness

Post by Cerberus »

PerkPrincess wrote:Enemy activity shows you the rough estimate of how many pods you'll encounter if you were to launch a mission immediately. The baseline you see before you decide to infiltrate is what it will be if you get to 100% infilitration. This is why it also changes if you were to keep checking it again and again, at different times.

So doing a 4 day supply run, chances are you'll end up with a higher activity than your baseline. That's kinda the nature of any raid-style missions, as those tend to be near impossible to 100% infiltrate, so it's usually just better to send a full squad in with no real worry for infiltration.

Advent strength in a region is simply a multiplyer that's applied to any missions in the region.
I understand that failing to get to 100% means I might face higher activity, but I did get to 100%, slightly higher in fact, that's why I'm suprised.