Stuck on Viper King mission

Circular

Stuck on Viper King mission

Post by Circular »

1 )Current Long War 2 version: 1.1 (I think - latest steam version)
2) I play on Steam
3) No other mods.
4) I was running a regular Long War 2 campaign on Rookie Iron Man. I had all the DLC material activated but I have never really played a DLC campaign in vanilla, so wasn't sure what to expect.
Anyways I decided to steer clear of the Ruler missions until my weaponry was a little better. Relatively early a Viper King mission spawned. After a while a second one. Then a third and finally a fourth.
I couldn't really tell whether this was part of XCOM2 DLC or Long War 2 but it started to bug me that I lost so many Intel Packs to those missions so I finally took them on, thinking perhaps they will not spawn anymore.
The first mission was a breeze and I walked through it flawlessly.
Killed the Viper King.

Then I went to do the second Viper King mission.
I figured perhaps I'm gonna meet a second long-war-ish Viper King. Perhaps there is a whole army now.
Perhaps there was such a mission for every type of king. I just didn't know.
Turned out the second mission was exactly like the first one uhm ok I thought and went on. Nothing too unusual to do maps over and over in the Long War right?

With one exception:
When I walked into the icy area where the King was supposed to be, no event triggered, nothing spawned.
The Viper King already dead did not appear a second time. I was stuck on the map.

Eventually I found a stray 2 HP snake in a corner that triggered the Viper King but he was transparent and could not be targeted.

I was still stuck.

Evac wasn't an option for the map. I think even if I were to kill off my entire squad, it would just ask me to repeat the mission (I haven't tried, yet).

5) I' ve got a save game.

Since it's Iron Man this means game over for me unless you can provide me with a mod or patch or something to escape this map.
florinadrian

Re: Stuck on Viper King mission

Post by florinadrian »

Same here, LW v1.2 (and lots of other mods).
Found similar reports here:
http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... ain#p34675
https://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/d ... 592615076/
I'm not in Iron Man so I can load a save. For too brave people, use the console command:
endbattle XComWins[boolean]
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

florinadrian wrote: I'm not in Iron Man so I can load a save. For too brave people, use the console command:
endbattle XComWins[boolean]
Note that boolean should be replaced by true (if you want to consider the mission a success) or false (for a failure)
QA_2

Post by QA_2 »

According to the change notes, this is fixed in 1.3 and no new copies should spawn, although note that it doesn't go back and erase copies already hanging around the map.