Recruitment Raid Bugged EVAC

Dwarfling

Recruitment Raid Bugged EVAC

Post by Dwarfling »

Version: 1.3
Mods: perfectinformation, flankpreview
Save: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/666897/save120

Recruitment raid, all is going relatively well, except when I try to evac a soldier before the last civilian... I can't. And after I evac the last civilian, POOF, the evac zone dissapears, another flare pops in a different place, and now I have to wait 4 more turns with a bunch of ADVENT on my tail and escaling RNFs up to like 7.

Tell me this isn't intended behaviour.

tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Recruitment Raid Bugged EVAC

Post by tracktwo »

That is exactly the intended behavior, if you read the mission description it says exactly this. You need to evac all the rebels, then firebrand will come back to pick up your soldiers.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

That is insane :shock:
Sharur

Post by Sharur »

I'm 3+ years late to this, but it was the only information I could find to understand why I couldn't evac my dying soldier on one of these missions. And I must say, it makes no sense to me at all. There's room enough in the Skyranger for a full team of soldiers plus a bunch of rebels in other contexts, why not this one? Why would Firebrand say "no, sorry, I know this soldier is dying but you've gotta wait and then go over there"? Why am I required to risk my soldiers for the sake of the rebels, rather than having the option to flip that around like I can in every other mission with rebels?

I get that recruitment retaliations are supposed to be hard (or at least, have that reputation), but this seems like a pretty artificial way to increase difficulty.

The sad thing is that my soldier was on their last turn of bleeding out, I had no medkit charges left, and I had come up with a cool pickup-carry-drop chain thing to get them out. I was pretty happy for figuring that out, until it didn't actually work.