Intel-boosting a mission after liberation awards 0% bonus infiltration

Lyzak

Intel-boosting a mission after liberation awards 0% bonus infiltration

Post by Lyzak »

If you try to intel-boost a mission that's leftover in a region that's just been liberated, the game awards the mission a 0% infiltration bonus.

It appears that liberation gives all leftover missions in the region a flat 50% bonus infiltration, so balance-wise I'm not entirely sure I have a problem with the fact that you "can't" intel-boost the mission further (though, because the mission retains the region's effective ADVENT strength, that could be argued). The problem is, that you CAN intel-boost the mission: the game just eats up the intel and gives you nothing.

I propose that either:
1) the game allow actual intel-boosting of leftover missions in just-liberated regions, or
2) the "boost infiltration" option is disabled for those missions, since it doesn't do anything but takes your intel.
Alketi

Re: Intel-boosting a mission after liberation awards 0% bonus infiltration

Post by Alketi »

+1. Same thing happened to me.

I had a Dark Event queued up before my Advent HQ mission. Did the Advent HQ, and then when returning to the Geoscape the Dark Event mission was immediately set to 91% with no time remaining. Boosting with Intel made no difference so the Intel was wasted.

Save game attached. Go to the Geoscape and try to boost the mission. It takes the Intel but doesn't change the infiltration percentage.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0IGEW ... sp=sharing
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

It is intended that you can boost after liberation. There was a bug in the infiltration calculation causing the liberation boost and the intel boost to not stack with each other but rather it simply ended up taking the greater of the two. It should stack properly now so you'll get the flat increase and the intel boost will apply on top of that.

For example with a veteran campaign and a mission that is 30% infiled when the HQ is won, this would now go to 80% and boosting would push it up to 140%.

Pushed a fix for this, should be in the next update. For now it's better to avoid boosting as it will have minimal if any effect.

If you want your intel back you can use the console.

Code: Select all

GiveResource Intel N
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

chrisb wrote:It is intended that you can boost after liberation. There was a bug in the infiltration calculation causing the liberation boost and the intel boost to not stack with each other but rather it simply ended up taking the greater of the two. It should stack properly now so you'll get the flat increase and the intel boost will apply on top of that.

For example with a veteran campaign and a mission that is 30% infiled when the HQ is won, this would now go to 80% and boosting would push it up to 140%.

Pushed a fix for this, should be in the next update. For now it's better to avoid boosting as it will have minimal if any effect.

If you want your intel back you can use the console.

Code: Select all

GiveResource Intel N
How do I manage a boost via editing files / console ?

I don't want my intel back. I have a supply raid that must be boosted; otherwise risking squad wipe / canceling mission losing all the loot.

Edit: Never mind. I aborted and gave myself a few resources to compensate.