Strange loot-drop behavior for aliens killed while under mind-control

nmkaplan

Strange loot-drop behavior for aliens killed while under mind-control

Post by nmkaplan »

I've seen this bug twice now, exactly the same each time. It's an ironman campaign, so no save, unfortunately. LW 1.4 on Steam, Windows 10. I am not using any mods that modify loot drops in any way. I can post my full mod list if it seems worth it... let me know.

Here's the setup:

1. Mind control an alien using Insanity (alien should be carrying loot). Both times the bug happened for me, I ended the turn and then took an action with the MC'd alien in the next round.

2. Murder mind controlled alien while it is still under XCom control. No loot drops. No sound effect or yellow square appears. Player has no way of knowing that the alien was carrying loot. However, there still seems to be an "invisible" square around the corpse where the loot should drop that will trigger the odd behavior if a solider moves in.

3. Move a solider next to the dead alien. The solider crouches down as if to pick up the loot. The dialogue box that shows loot pickups then pops up but does not list any loot. Once you click the "ok" button, the "dropped loot" sound plays, the yellow box appears, the solider crouches again, and the dialogue box pops up again, this time displaying loot items.
Lyzak

Re: Strange loot-drop behavior for aliens killed while under mind-control

Post by Lyzak »

Noticed similar behavior recently while insanity-controlling a snek.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

This also happens with Haywire-controlled MECs and mechanical units.
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

Had this happen and caught it ahead of time.

Duplication:
- Flesch the drone with shinobi Deng or kill with gunner Fannon
- Moving into its invisible loot box the soldier will pick up empty loot first, then the loot box appears, then he'll pick up the real loot

Save game:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0IGE ... E5OaElUTVE

Screenshot (showing empty loot before real loot appears):