Increase Squad Size to 12?

Bantichai

Increase Squad Size to 12?

Post by Bantichai »

Hey guys,

Is it possible to increase the squad size to 12 and bring it more in line with the toolbox? I have tried changing two parameters but still am not able to bring more than 12 people.

1. XComLW_InfiltrationSettings = change max_squad_size to 12 and it allows me to select 12 in my squad.
2. XComGameData m_iMaxSoldiersOnMission=12 = set it to 12 and the UI now supports changing the gear etc of 12 instead of 10.

However, when sending a squad to infiltrate, I can still only send 10.

Thoughts?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Increase Squad Size to 12?

Post by johnnylump »

Bantichai wrote:Hey guys,

Is it possible to increase the squad size to 12 and bring it more in line with the toolbox? I have tried changing two parameters but still am not able to bring more than 12 people.

1. XComLW_InfiltrationSettings = change max_squad_size to 12 and it allows me to select 12 in my squad.
2. XComGameData m_iMaxSoldiersOnMission=12 = set it to 12 and the UI now supports changing the gear etc of 12 instead of 10.

However, when sending a squad to infiltrate, I can still only send 10.

Thoughts?
Please use the modding subforum for modding queries. I'm moving this there.

Squad size is set on a mission-by-mission basis. You need to go into XComMissions.ini, find all instances of MaxSoldiers=, and change them to what you prefer, with the caveat that the UI only supports up to 12.
Bantichai

Post by Bantichai »

Thanks for the quick response, also just wondering are you referring to the INI in the Long war 2 workshop folder, my game folder or the xcom 2 folder?

Also about the changes I already made, should I revert them back to the original values or are they fine like that?
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

The one in the Long War 2 workshop folder.
Acespt4u

Post by Acespt4u »

Did that work? Did you need to make any other changes outside the XComMissions.ini file in the XCOM2 workshop folder? Was a campaign restart needed or did it apply to a already started one?