Modding Proving Grounds weapon upgrades projects

Mandurang

Modding Proving Grounds weapon upgrades projects

Post by Mandurang »

Heya, I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'd like to mod the Proving Grounds weapon upgrades projects that let you manufacture weapon upgrades to instead add infinite of that upgrade into your inventory, as I feel they are a lot of investment for very little reward. Is there any way to do that?

Also I'm sure there is a way to mod the project requirements to make them a little higher to balance out, but can someone point out to me where the proving grounds projects costs are included?

Thanks in advance.
JLtheking

Re: Modding Proving Grounds weapon upgrades projects

Post by JLtheking »

Item and Tech tables are found in LW_Overhaul.ini

But from what I know though the infinite='true' option may not be working.

RealityMachina did something similar recently, you may want to check it out. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =854366679
Mandurang

Post by Mandurang »

JLtheking wrote:Item and Tech tables are found in LW_Overhaul.ini

But from what I know though the infinite='true' option may not be working.

RealityMachina did something similar recently, you may want to check it out. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =854366679
infinite=true option... kind of works, but in very strange and broken ways. Basically, you get infinite items, but the number of items you had picked up still gets displayed - you can just keep equipping scopes even though it says you have 1 left. Also it still lets you build the items, but the counter doesn't go up (and you can still trade them in the black market, so you have to change that as well). Not quite what I had in mind.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Yeah, it definitely was not done so in an elegant or user-friendly fashion. Seems like a debug tool rather than one meant to be a proper experience for players. Guess that's why RM decided to make his mod.