More AWC Perks

sylothix

More AWC Perks

Post by sylothix »

I kinda want to increase the amount of AWC perks you can unlock and while it seems straightforward enough, by editing the "NUM_OFFENSE_ABILITIES=3" into a higher number. Is there anything else that should be edited in, are weights required to be added? What about perks that go above level 3, do I need to add in specific level 4 perks?

Thanks.
cerebrawl

Re: More AWC Perks

Post by cerebrawl »

I was going to fiddle with this after work. I assume that you need to make a pool of perks for each level.

IE: If you add a 4th perk level, you need perks that have been classified as 4th level perks.

Like so:
+AWCAbilityTree_Offense=(Level=4, AbilityName="Lethal", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_PrimaryWeapon)

They can be repeat copies of perks for previous levels. The code is smart enough to never give you duplicates.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

The pistol perks only track up to Level 3, so I think you should be fine to just increase the total number of perk ranks maybe?

As best I can tell it goes 1/2/3/1/2/3/? for ranks - multiply them by four for training times.
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

The pistol perks are special, they randomize completely and the level of the perk only matters for training time.

Which reminds me, you probably have to define the training time if you add more levels of perks.
Emerging_Chaos

Post by Emerging_Chaos »

cerebrawl wrote:I was going to fiddle with this after work. I assume that you need to make a pool of perks for each level.

IE: If you add a 4th perk level, you need perks that have been classified as 4th level perks.

Like so:
+AWCAbilityTree_Offense=(Level=4, AbilityName="Lethal", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_PrimaryWeapon)

They can be repeat copies of perks for previous levels. The code is smart enough to never give you duplicates.
This is absolutely correct. I've basically rebuilt my AWC ini file with new exclusions and some bug fixes (class restriction is bugged, ability gets taken out of the pool entirely, ability restrictions work fine). Anyway, while doing that, I messed around with adding in more ranks. All you need to do is increase the total number of abilities within offense/defence and then fill in the level with abilities. Bear in mind however these changes are not retroactive. Once a soldier is promoted to squaddie, their AWC tree is locked.

For the pistol tree, you could technically add in one more, the difference is you need to give the ability a weight which increases/decreases it's chance of appearing high up in the perk tree.

Edit: One more thing, this I have not tried, but you could probably add in different training times for higher than rank 3 perks. I didn't make this change when testing it, so my rank 4 abilities took the same amount of time as the rank 3 abilities did to level up (12 days). This is the line that would need to be added, assuming it would work.

Code: Select all

TrainingDaysForAWCLevel[4] = 15.0f
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

Emerging_Chaos wrote:
cerebrawl wrote:This is absolutely correct. I've basically rebuilt my AWC ini file with new exclusions and some bug fixes (class restriction is bugged, ability gets taken out of the pool entirely, ability restrictions work fine). Anyway, while doing that, I messed around with adding in more ranks. All you need to do is increase the total number of abilities within offense/defence and then fill in the level with abilities. Bear in mind however these changes are not retroactive. Once a soldier is promoted to squaddie, their AWC tree is locked.
This is a little bit funny to me, because not only am I well aware of these, but I reported the RestrictedClass bug and posted about the workaround. ;)

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 17&t=24107

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 18&t=24157

Sidenote: Squadie perks are locked in similarly, in case you retool classes, but the console command MakeSoldierAClass works as a fix.
Agro

Post by Agro »

Emerging_Chaos wrote:I've basically rebuilt my AWC ini file with new exclusions and some bug fixes (class restriction is bugged, ability gets taken out of the pool entirely, ability restrictions work fine). Anyway, while doing that, I messed around with adding in more ranks.
I found this thread a little late, but... care to share your file with us?