Calculating Rookie Psi Power Values

Sombertone

Calculating Rookie Psi Power Values

Post by Sombertone »

I have been trying to make a simple spreadsheet to calculate rookie psi values by entering the rest of the rookie's stats. In testing it on a pool of rookies, I've been able to get generally accurate numbers, but then it will throw the psi power off by two or three points.

I know I'm missing something. For example, any odd defense value will end up with a xx.5 psi value and I'm not sure which way it would round. I'm sure there's more issues that I just don't know enough about how the game is coded to understand.

I'd have thought a formula, or a calculator, or a mod would exist to show rookie psi power pre-psi lab, but so far I've been unable to find one.

Does such a formula/calculator/mod exist or are there hidden variables that make such attempts at making one not work?
Zyxpsilon

Re: Calculating Rookie Psi Power Values

Post by Zyxpsilon »

v1.3 will supply this info earlier.. directly @Sectoid/Autopsy! So i wouldn't worry too much about having these details currently only @PsiLabs.

AFAIC, there's no external methods to get precise values other than figuring out the exact code mechanics involved.

If that can wet your appetite for extra PSIONIC gameplay toys.. i'll be releasing this stuff with necessary (1.3) corrections to the Perks flow;

I'll most likely find a reasonable way (visually coherent) to add the first three level connections too. :P

PS; In the meantime you could always read up on the "Formulation" theory discussed in this thread where we expand on various incode principles... http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 18&t=25752
Tuhalu

Re: Calculating Rookie Psi Power Values

Post by Tuhalu »

Zyxpsilon wrote: If that can wet your appetite for extra PSIONIC gameplay toys.. i'll be releasing this stuff with necessary (1.3) corrections to the Perks flow;

I'll most likely find a reasonable way (visually coherent) to add the first three level connections too. :P
Nice.