Rookie stat pool?

Gratchoof

Rookie stat pool?

Post by Gratchoof »

Hi

Not sure if many people are still around, but thought this would be the best place to check.

Is it possible to adjust the starting soldiers stat pool?

I know i can go into "CharacterStats" to adjust their base stats; "ClassData" to adjust their stat increases per promotion by class; and "LW_Toolbox" to adjust the Not Created Equal stat changes, but none of them do exactly what I want.

I want the rookies to have different stat pool totals (which then goes through the usual NCE roulette), rather than the same stat pool distributed in different ways.

This would result in some rookies that are simply better than others, but also, some that are worse than standard.

I've tried amending "CharacterStats" to include RandomStatAmount but can't seem to get it working.

I wasn't sure whether the best way would be to increase everyones stats in "CharacterStats", then during the NCE rolls, have lots more possible entries, of varying ratios (so i would have 1 aim for 3 will as standard, but also have 1 aim for 2 will, and 1 aim for 4 will etc) and thus through the NCE rolls this should result in people with different stat totals, but it doesn't seem to work either :/

Thoughts?