Bleeding out, carried, dies, loot drops at bleed out origin

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
Ronin Storm

Bleeding out, carried, dies, loot drops at bleed out origin

Post by Ronin Storm »

Long War version: 1.0
Platform: PC / Steam
Mods: Capnbubs Accessories Pack, Expanded Callsigns and Nicknames, Evac All, Expanded Lexicon, Gotcha, Revival Protocol and Restoration Fix, Stop Wasting My Time, Hunters Instinct for Swords, Fixed Unit Flags, Perfect Information, Additional Icons, Free the Hood, Grey Smoke Grenade, HunkerDownMod, Instant Avenger Menus, Lifetime Stats, Save Game List Order Fix, Select Soldier Icons, Skulljack Feedback Fix, Upgrade Reminder, VIPs Grab Loot, Wider Field of View

The mods list is somewhat long, but most are small cosmetic and QoL changes.

Problem:
  1. Soldier A, who is carrying loot dropped by an enemy, is hit and is bleeding out. Let's call the square where Soldier A is now Position X.
  2. Soldier B picks up Soldier A and moves away. Let's call the square that Soldier B (carrying Soldier A) is Position Z.
  3. Next turn, Soldier A's bleed out timer expires and he dies.
  4. The loot that Soldier A was carrying is dropped where Soldier A was shot, at Position X.
  5. I expected that the loot would actually be dropped at Position Z, however.
  6. In any case, Soldier B continues to carry Soldier A and can return to Position X to pick up the loot that was dropped.
For clarity, I'm not sure if Soldier A was already carrying a modded weapon along with the ADVENT loot.

I've no save game for this unfortunately. Sorry.
Last edited by Ronin Storm on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane

Re: Bleeding out, carried, dies, loot drops at bleed out origin

Post by Arcalane »

I believe this is a vanilla bug, given the following "fix" mod exists; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =698881748

No idea if it's compatible with LW2.
Ronin Storm

Post by Ronin Storm »

Yeah, good call. Does look like it's probably a vanilla bug if someone needed to write that.

I guess that whatever fix was applied there might be a candidate for inclusion in LW2?
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

Oh yea I totally just had this happen to me but didn't really think much of it.

This does sound like a "vanilla" thing.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

If this is adding an effect to carry unit, it should be compatible (in principle) with Long War 2. Would need testing, however.
mordewolt

Post by mordewolt »

Here is this mod, i have it installed and (unfortunately) i have found out on practice that it does indeed work with long war 2.