Invasion: Can target psi emitter with kubikri without seeing it

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Invasion: Can target psi emitter with kubikri without seeing it

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

Will provide screenshots if necessary. In my last invasion mission I was able to target the psi emitter with kubikri without actually having spotted it (normal shots didnt work). Also: after i uncovered the emitter and shot it with a regular sniper shot, it exploded immediatly. Since it had 40 hp this was quite surprising to me (weapon was mag-level), dunno if its intended.
Last edited by LeaderEnemyBoss on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Re: Invasion: Can target psi emitter with kubikri without seeing it

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

Here two screenshots...

When trying to use Kubikiri:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 24AE3BA25/
Note: The emitter in the image wasn't damaged, its just the hp bar indicating how much damage i would do.

Objective isn't targetable without activating the skill:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 4BB82D886/

Sadly i have no savegame of that mission, however if it's not some weird interaction thing it should be easy to reproduce.
Modlist: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =855473321 (nothing gamechanging, only cosmetics and QoL)
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

This appears to not be restricted to just Kubikuri. From my reading of the code, any squadsight ability should allow this. It is also not unique to Invasion missions, as several other mission types use the "Map Viewer" to add visibility to objectives -- this includes the Destroy Object mission.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

I was unable to replicate this issue.

1) Started an invasion mission with a Sharpshooter with sniper rifle and Kubikuri ability.
2) Moved unit to position to have LOS of spike.
3) Unable to target -- no icon, neither standard shot nor kubikuri allowed targeting it
4) Dropped in a unit to initially spot and deal damage to spike, verified had LOS with sniper
5) Killed dropped in unit ( so no direct LOS any longer) -- was unable to target spike with either shot or kubikuri
6) Dropped in enemy units in direct LOS of sniper, so that shot and kubikuri abilities could be activated, but could not tab to spike

I think I'll need a specific save that replicates this, since I wasn't able to recreate the result described.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Amineri wrote:This appears to not be restricted to just Kubikuri. From my reading of the code, any squadsight ability should allow this. It is also not unique to Invasion missions, as several other mission types use the "Map Viewer" to add visibility to objectives -- this includes the Destroy Object mission.
So are you saying this is not intended or is?
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Manifest wrote:
Amineri wrote:This appears to not be restricted to just Kubikuri. From my reading of the code, any squadsight ability should allow this. It is also not unique to Invasion missions, as several other mission types use the "Map Viewer" to add visibility to objectives -- this includes the Destroy Object mission.
So are you saying this is not intended or is?
It's not intended. From looking at the code, I don't see anything different in how Kubikuri is set up compared to the standard shot squad sight ability.

However, I wasn't able to replicate this with a basic test -- load invasion with unit with squadsight + kubikuri and try to target the psi emitter spike thingie.