Shinobi fleche range attack

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
omgbebebe

Shinobi fleche range attack

Post by omgbebebe »

Shinobi can "fleche" target beyond his move range.

Details:
- LW2 version: 1.2
- platform: linux
- mods: tested with only LW2 mod enabled
- steps to reproduce:
1. as Shinobi set waypoint (via hold CTRL and click) to the blue move area
2. put cursor over any enemy that in Shinobi line of sight and out of yellow move area
3. cursor will be changed to "fleche" mode
4. when you click right button on target Shinobi will move to the waypoint and then attack target from current position

For example I've record short video demostrated this bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7dNtQFLCjg
cerebrawl

Re: Shinobi fleche range attack

Post by cerebrawl »

This may be related to another movement bug I've noticed. If you use waypoints to avoid detection and it becomes a yellow move, though the target location would be blue if you moved the shortest distance, it will still count as blue, even though you detoured and it showed yellow.

So you can probably only fleche to your normal maximum move range, it ignores the waypoint detour for max target range.
CiAlOh

Post by CiAlOh »

I can confirm this bug still exists as of 6/2/2017. As it's not game breaking if you don't want to cheat I don't think this is a priority but can offer save file and video too if there is a need...
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

This has something to do with some vanilla code that can also be seen when you take any soldier and waypoint them around in circles, as long as the last point lands within your blue move radius it only takes a single action from the soldier.