Favourite Xcom Alien

Only forum users with a previously approved post may post. Keep it family friendly.
RedTieGuy

Favourite Xcom Alien

Post by RedTieGuy »

So as the title of this thread says, what is your favorite Xcom alien? This counts for any Xcom. I know most of us hate any alien as they usually cause us tremendous trouble, especially in the Long War mod. However, some of them have really incredible designs and are not that hard to kill. One in particular is the Chryssalid.

Even though they have a massive amount of damage, they're pretty easy to kill but I do love the way they move and their design. You also have to be very careful not to end a turn within range of one. The fact that I hate spiders also plays a bit of a role in why I'm a bit afraid of these things.
- The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams -
Andor

Re: Favourite Xcom Alien

Post by Andor »

Probably the Tentaculat from Tftd. To be sure, it's just a swimming Chryssalid. But since swimming was 3-d they were effectively flying chryssalids. Plus they had strong front armour, which meant gunning them down during a charge was iffy.

And when you killed a zombie they spawned a new tentaculat, which was like watching the zombies own brain and spinal column rip its way out of the corpse and keep coming at you. :twisted:

RedTieGuy

Post by RedTieGuy »

Ah man how could I forget about those things! They use to give me nightmares when I was a kid, for real. Every time I saw them on a mission, I said a few colorful words which I was way to young to say and then dread having to complete that mission but they were interesting indeed!
- The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams -
MrOtakuGamer6

Post by MrOtakuGamer6 »

I loved tentaculats like I love a Sectopod with 2 Gatekeepers and 10 Chyrsallids on a retaliation mission.

BURN KILL MAIM. BURN KILL MAIM
Jason

Post by Jason »

Just the other day I was thinking the Gatekeepers are tentaculats in suits so they can leave the water.

I actually really like the Andromedon, its the gift of doom that keeps on giving

Jonar

Post by Jonar »

Tentaculat is great
Schildgen

Post by Schildgen »

I like Chryssalids. They're cool as heck to me. They remind me a lot of Zerg from Starcraft. Anyone else see the resemblence?
Here's a trustworthy Binance review for you to check out.
Morrissey

Post by Morrissey »

Hallucinoid from X-COM: Terror from the Deep, simply on name alone.

Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Post by Tanalbi »

You're so cute i hope you (By human science) get lobotomized and be used as a human pet on the future!
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"