Mods Compatible with Long War 2 - Final Update

Start with the fundamentals.

Moderator: deaconivory

Forum rules
Players can post in Long War 201 threads but not start new ones.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Mods Compatible with Long War 2 - Final Update

Post by deaconivory »

This is very much a dynamic document and I'll be updating as long as it is necessary. Keep in mind that I'm one guy who is trying to test 500+ mods so I can, and will miss a 99% shot occasionally. Feel free to let me know and I'll get a fix up asap.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Final Update 02/01
Eskimow

Re: Mods Compatible with Long War 2

Post by Eskimow »

Accurate Swords doesn't appear to be compatible. I had it installed with Long War 2, and it doesn't overwrite LW2's sword stats.
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Accurate Swords seems to be compatible, but since Long War 2 is a new mod it gets loaded after AC. I'm assuming the values are overridden twice, resulting in Long War 2 values being used.

If you load AC after LW2 it should work... Right?
bertolomio

Post by bertolomio »

Hi i see in the list that uniform manager is compatible. I tend to agree, but on the mission loadout screen, because there is a button for uniform management, it is screwing up all the other button, like build item, clear squad, etc....

Hope this can be fixed, since i really like my uniform manager.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

@deaconivory...

I can (happily) report that krj12 has just updated his "WeaponUpgradeIndicators" mod and it works perfectly fine now. You might need to adjust the config settings (XY location, Icons size, Colors, etc) as usual...

Proof here...

.. which has my own customize elements (some of which qUIck_LW2 stuff & the qUIck_FLO mod ability to show Countries of origin on these panels).

:D
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Zyxpsilon wrote:@deaconivory...

I can (happily) report that krj12 has just updated his "WeaponUpgradeIndicators" mod and it works perfectly fine now. You might need to adjust the config settings (XY location, Icons size, Colors, etc) as usual...

Proof here...

.. which has my own customize elements (some of which qUIck_LW2 stuff & the qUIck_FLO mod ability to show Countries of origin on these panels).

That looks pretty cool :) Mind sharing with us what .ini configs we need to have to get the look in that screenshot?
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

@JLtheking,
It's a bit more complex than just having my alternate INI file since i *DO* have a special UPK library that swaps his "Tiny Pistol" Icons for custom "Boxy/Diamonds". But here's the exact configurations...
------------

Code: Select all

[WeaponUpgradeIndicators.UIWeaponUpgradeIndicators]

; Configuration for the weapon upgrade available icon

UPGRADE_X_POSITION=112	;162
UPGRADE_Y_POSITION=96	;290

; Size of the icon on-screen. Scales the original (32x32) icon by the given factor.
; Calibrated for MY "Boxy/Arrow" Icons
UPGRADE_SCALE=0.75	;0.50

; colors for the icons
;TIER1_COLOR="cccccc" ; off white
;TIER2_COLOR="00ccff" ; blue
;TIER3_COLOR="66ff33" ; green

; MY colors for the icons
TIER1_COLOR="00BF00" ; Green
TIER2_COLOR="00CCFF" ; Blue
TIER3_COLOR="BF0000" ; Red

; number of upgrade slots
UPGRADE_SLOTS=6
------------

Secondly, TrackTwo's UpgradeReminders Hexagon Icons would also need to be re-located if you decide to follow the (thirdly) notes below. Proper details to alter their locations as well can be found in the qUIck_FLO Mod page. They're also inserted into the PrimaryWeapon area as you could see. For clarity, here's the config file for that one too...
------------

Code: Select all

[UpgradeReminder.UIUpgradeReminder]

; Configuration for the weapon upgrade available icon

; X position of the icon within the soldier box. Larger values are further right on-screen.
WEAPON_X_POSITION=220

; Y position of the icon within the soldier box. Larger values are further down on-screen.
WEAPON_Y_POSITION=96

; Size of the icon on-screen. Scales the original (32x32) icon by the given factor.
WEAPON_SCALE=0.75

; Color of the icon. Uses web-style color strings (RRGGBB in hexadecimal).
WEAPON_COLOR="fdce2b" ; WARNING_HTML_COLOR (i.e. yellow)

; Configuration for the PCS available icon. All settings are exactly the same as for the
; weapon version above.

PCS_X_POSITION=250
PCS_Y_POSITION=96
PCS_SCALE=0.75
PCS_COLOR="53b45e" ; GOOD_HTML_COLOR (i.e. green)
------------

Thirdly.. since i also added (with precious UC scripting help from InfectedM, btw) the capacity to show 201+36 other Flags in these panels -- two (or many more!) specific Mods are required to reproduce this exact setup; qUIck_FLG (1/5) & qUIck_FLO. Install as need be and follow editing instructions from the ReadMe.txt file (given by the mod) or with the Steam Page description.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

That's cool! I'm really curious how to get those diamonds though! I use LAByrinth and am really attached to those diamonds on weapon upgrades :?

Any chance you might release a mod of the mod for that :P
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

Zyxpsilon wrote:@deaconivory...

Proof here...

Thanks! Updated.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

@JLtheking..

Actually.. it's relatively simple. Just D/L this custom file from my DropBox Host; https://www.dropbox.com/s/welptt9k8eg5b ... s.upk?dl=0

And -- replace the original with it which you can find in this path; "**Your-Install-Drive**:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\691741580\Content\UICollection_WeaponUpgradeIndicators.upk"

PS; I will also release an indirect fix to the LW2 strings (via some XComGame.INT files that would need to be manually transfered too) that now prevents some of these Diamonds not to show up even when people have the LAByrinth resources activated. This mod will be available as qUIck_LW2 & will offer many more features while replacing or enhancing the XC2 versions of qUIck_RCP + qUIck_FIX, etc. ... Soon or a bit later. ;)
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Thanks Zyxpsilon! What a hero! :mrgreen:
nmkaplan

Re: Mods Compatible with Long War 2 - Final Update

Post by nmkaplan »

deaconivory wrote:This is very much a dynamic document and I'll be updating as long as it is necessary. Keep in mind that I'm one guy who is trying to test 500+ mods so I can, and will miss a 99% shot occasionally. Feel free to let me know and I'll get a fix up asap.

Final Update 02/01
Deacon, you should make the googledoc read-only, so that people can't accidentally edit it (like by pressing "f" instead of "cntrl+f"). It looks like this happened on line 13.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

nmkaplan wrote:
deaconivory wrote:This is very much a dynamic document and I'll be updating as long as it is necessary. Keep in mind that I'm one guy who is trying to test 500+ mods so I can, and will miss a 99% shot occasionally. Feel free to let me know and I'll get a fix up asap.

Final Update 02/01
Deacon, you should make the googledoc read-only, so that people can't accidentally edit it (like by pressing "f" instead of "cntrl+f"). It looks like this happened on line 13.
Thanks, I was alerted earlier that someone had deleted the data. That's what I get for trying to post it just prior leaving for work, and before my first cup of coffee. It's been fixed. :)
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Hello,

the original CovertOPSGear by Musashi produced this behaviour.
siath70

Post by siath70 »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =844955101 -Tactical Suppressors

That's the LW compatible version for his covert ops gear, which might need noted not to use the old but the newer version.