Xwynns Long War 2 Campaign on YouTube

Start with the fundamentals.

Moderator: deaconivory

Forum rules
Players can post in Long War 201 threads but not start new ones.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Xwynns Long War 2 Campaign on YouTube

Post by deaconivory »

delcrossb

Re: Xwynns Long War 2 Campaign on YouTube

Post by delcrossb »

Xwynns keeps talking about sharpshooters being able to paint 6+ targets with the holo. I know there is a free action holo but can you use the normal holo twice per turn if you don't move, or does holo end the turn?

Edit: Sorry I just figured out that the rapid target perk confers the ability to holo twice without ending your turn. I'm dumb.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Xwynns, love your play through, I have one question you keep saying revival protocol would help bleeding out, but does it? I thought you require a medikit to stabilize bleeding out, and then you could revival protocol to revive the unconscious soldier. The help tip for revival protocol seems to indicate as much (it can be used after a soldier is stabilized).
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

delcrossb wrote:Xwynns keeps talking about sharpshooters being able to paint 6+ targets with the holo. I know there is a free action holo but can you use the normal holo twice per turn if you don't move, or does holo end the turn?

Edit: Sorry I just figured out that the rapid target perk confers the ability to holo twice without ending your turn. I'm dumb.
The Sharpshooter GSgt perk Multitargeting also allows holotargeting multiple enemy.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Love the vids, but I feel like the run has "jumped the shark" lately. I mean, you went through supposedly the second hardest mission in the game (invasion) without losing anyone, then did a 0% hack the workstation and took 1 minor wound. Of course it's attributable to good play and minimizing risks and all, but I feel like you're pretty much at the "I'm invincible" stage and I'm actually getting kind of bored, I want to see xwynns lose some very important personnel or else it's just a faceroll from here to the end.
marceror

Post by marceror »

trihero wrote:Love the vids, but I feel like the run has "jumped the shark" lately. I mean, you went through supposedly the second hardest mission in the game (invasion) without losing anyone, then did a 0% hack the workstation and took 1 minor wound. Of course it's attributable to good play and minimizing risks and all, but I feel like you're pretty much at the "I'm invincible" stage and I'm actually getting kind of bored, I want to see xwynns lose some very important personnel or else it's just a faceroll from here to the end.
So in other words, you're saying he's gotten too good at the game? :P If so, at least there's a chance to take notes on his tactics.

I've seen several of his videos, and seen plenty of missions go south. I'm sure it will happen more.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I directly said in that quote it's attributable to good play, so it's not like I'm ignoring that. After 50 missions you've seen pretty much everything you need to see in terms of his tactics. It might be interesting to see how he does the story missions. The only one time I remember something went south for him was when he threw a shaped charge in the most unlucky way to get his shinobi killed. He did get a guy killed by an advent general, but that's not exactly a surprise given the thing has 100 aim and the target he was shooting at didn't have predator armor on. In the invasion mission he should have lost a very experienced soldier but luck got him out.
marceror

Post by marceror »

trihero wrote:Love the vids, but I feel like the run has "jumped the shark" lately. I mean, you went through supposedly the second hardest mission in the game (invasion) without losing anyone, then did a 0% hack the workstation and took 1 minor wound. Of course it's attributable to good play and minimizing risks and all, but I feel like you're pretty much at the "I'm invincible" stage and I'm actually getting kind of bored, I want to see xwynns lose some very important personnel or else it's just a faceroll from here to the end.
Check out episode 77.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Ouch, xwynns has tainted his gameplay by using a console command to undo a bad misclick in episode #80! He never did this before and has lowered the level of his ironman play (I was ok with his reloading to fix bugs like stuff not being flanked when they should, but he never undid misclicks before!)