Deacon's Suggested INI Edits - UPDATED

Start with the fundamentals.

Moderator: deaconivory

Forum rules
Players can post in Long War 201 threads but not start new ones.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Deacon's Suggested INI Edits - UPDATED

Post by deaconivory »

Update 04-18-2017

So, I have gone back and discovered that my initial edits were messy to say the least :(

Here are the updated entries that I have tested and am using:

\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Config\DefaultUI.ini maxvisiblecrew = 30 (adds more active crew members to your Avenger screens, purely cosmetic)

\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\config\xcomcamera.ini ZoomedDistanceFromCursor=4600 (this allows you to zoom wayyyy out over the AO)

\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\config\xcomcamera.ini MaxTilesCameraCanMoveOutsideLevelVolume=25 (this allows you to rotate the camera further outside of the AO than vanilla (or default LW2)

\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\config\xcomgamedata.ini XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[1]=0; (choose your difficulty and set this value to 0 if you need to respec your soldiers post 1.3)

\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Config\DefaultGameData.ini NumClerks_ActOne=5 NumClerks_ActTwo=10 NumClerks_ActThree=15 all at least 30. (This adds more people to the avenger as well, purely cosmetic).

\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\config\xcomLW_AWCPack.ini ALWAYSSHOW=true (Always shows the AWC perk trees).

The following allows you to bind the zoom in/out controls to your mouse wheel (you will only ever need to update it if you verify your XCOM2 game cache from Steam). You should be able to use Winmerge to copy and paste these new settings over, be sure to back up your default files first. Basically it swaps the MouseScroll commands from ascend/descend to Zoom In/Out:

\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Config\DefaltInput.ini

; Zoom In
;.Bindings=(Name="T", Command="T_Key_Press | onrelease T_Key_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)
.Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollUp", Command="T_Key_Press | onrelease T_Key_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)
; Zoom Out
;.Bindings=(Name="G", Command="G_Key_Press | onrelease G_Key_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)
.Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollDown", Command="G_Key_Press | onrelease G_Key_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)
; Zoom Toggle
.Bindings=(Name="Z", Command="Z_Key_Press | onrelease Z_Key_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)
; Zoom Range
.Bindings=(Name="MiddleMouseButton",Command="Middle_Mouse_Button_Press | onrelease Middle_Mouse_Button_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)
; Center camera on current unit
.Bindings=(Name="Home", Command="Home_Key_Press | onrelease Home_Key_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)

; Change Cursor Altitude
;.Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollUp", Command="F_Key_Press | onrelease F_Key_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)
.Bindings=(Name="F", Command="F_Key_Press | onrelease F_Key_Release", bSecondaryBinding=True)
;.Bindings=(Name="MouseScrollDown", Command="C_Key_Press | onrelease C_Key_Release", bPrimaryBinding=True)
.Bindings=(Name="C", Command="C_Key_Press | onrelease C_Key_Release", bSecondaryBinding=True)

Apologies to everyone who tried these unsuccessfully. The commands for altering soldier classes do not work as I directed and I'm not sure how to fix them.

Some QoL ini edits that I've collected from around the web.

FWIW I make my changes in the \Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Config folder, that way when I rebuild the \my documents\xcom2\xcomgame\config folder after mod updates, or for troubleshooting, etc. I don't have to redo the changes each time. However if you verify your local files it will often overwrite the changes in all folders.

You are free to make the changes in the \my documents\xcom2\xcomgame\config folder for the same effect, just replace the word "Default" with "XcomGame"

DefaultCamera.ini change ZoomedDistanceFromCursor to 4400 which allows you to back way out to see more of the AOE

DefaultCamera.ini change MaxTilesCameraCanMoveOutsideLevelVolume to 25 so that the camera isn't blocked by the edges of the AOE and can swing out (this works in LW1 as well)

DefaultClassData.ini NumInForcedDeck = 0 NumInDeck = 0 This edit removes the specific soldier class from initial promotion screens, note that you can still receive this class as a reward or for hire in the Black Market.

DefaultUI.ini set maxvisiblecrew to 30 for your difficulty (or all difficulties) this adds more activity to your Avenger

DefaultGameData.ini set NumClerks_ActOne=5 NumClerks_ActTwo=10 NumClerks_ActThree=15 all at least 30. This works well with the previous edit .

DefaultAnimation.ini set HitReactDelayTimeToDeath to 0.2 reduces lag after shooting an enemy.

winmerge and notepad++ are your friends when it comes to editing the ini files. They are free programs that make it much easier.
profDEADPOOL

Re: Deacon's Suggested INI Edits

Post by profDEADPOOL »

"DefaultGameData.ini set NumClerks_ActOne=5 NumClerks_ActTwo=10 NumClerks_ActThree=15 all at least 30. This works well with the previous edit ."

What does this actually do?
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Gee.. LW1 thought me how to handle a lot of precious INI edits. So, i've already started to plug a few cool values into many such LW2 files.

So here's a quick overview -- and i'll add some more straight into this post later;
Note that i always keep track of defaults simply by inserting them after a comment (;) bracket. I also maintain backups of the original files in the folder by renaming any "xxxx_DEF.ini.bak"... this way i can just compare it with my edited copy at all times to track exact decisions taken in the past.

(( Are simple notes for this thread only & should not be typed into the working files, btw. ))

XComGameCore Line #2
NUM_STARTING_SOLDIERS=32 ;20 (( Want some more? You'll likely need them too -- speaking of which... ))

XComGameData Lines #417+++
StartingNumRecruits[0]=15 ; 5 ;Easy
StartingNumRecruits[1]=12 ; 5 ;Normal
StartingNumRecruits[2]=8 ; 3 ;Classic
StartingNumRecruits[3]=5 ; 2 ;Impossible
(( They might cost only 10 supplies.. yet the rapid gameplay flow could empty that short default pool-list a bit too fast ))

XComLW_Overhaul Lines #26+++
+DISABLE_REINFORCEMENT_FLARES[0]=false ;F
+DISABLE_REINFORCEMENT_FLARES[1]=false ;T
+DISABLE_REINFORCEMENT_FLARES[2]=false ;T
+DISABLE_REINFORCEMENT_FLARES[3]=true ;T
(( XC2 had a flaw/bug that would hide them too accidentally.. so WHY do this on purpose? Difficulty? -- com'on! ))

--- [LW_Overhaul.SeqAct_InitializeMissionTimer] Lines #1025..
; Initial mission timer values
+InitialTurnCounts=(MissionFamily="Recover_LW", Turns=12) ;8
+InitialTurnCounts=(MissionFamily="Jailbreak_LW", Turns=15) ;12
+InitialTurnCounts=(MissionFamily="Hack_LW", Turns=12) ;8
+InitialTurnCounts=(MissionFamily="DestroyObject_LW", Turns=15) ;12
+InitialTurnCounts=(MissionFamily="Extract_LW", Turns=15) ;12
+InitialTurnCounts=(MissionFamily="Neutralize_LW", Turns=15) ;12
+InitialTurnCounts=(MissionFamily="Rescue_LW", Turns=15) ;12
+InitialTurnCounts=(MissionFamily="SecureUFO_LW", Turns=10) ;6

; Across-the-board extra turns by difficulty level, can be negative
TimerDifficultyMod[0]=7;4 Rookie
TimerDifficultyMod[1]=5;1 Veteran
TimerDifficultyMod[2]=3;0 Commander
TimerDifficultyMod[3]=2;0 Legendary
(( My solutions to the punishing default Timers.. specially for when Rulers start to appear at random ))

XComLW_Toolbox Line #30
+CAMERA_ROTATION_OPTIONS_DEG=15 ;18
(( Tap three times and you can rotate precisely from/to rational perspectives ))

XComLW_OfficerPack Line #42..
TrainingDaysForRank[0] = 0.0f
TrainingDaysForRank[1] = 1.0f ;6.0f
TrainingDaysForRank[2] = 1.0f ;8.0f
TrainingDaysForRank[3] = 1.0f ;8.0f
TrainingDaysForRank[4] = 1.0f ;10.0f
TrainingDaysForRank[5] = 2.0f ;10.0f
TrainingDaysForRank[6] = 2.0f ;12.0f
TrainingDaysForRank[7] = 3.0f ;14.0f
(( Honestly, for what these Officer perks have to offer -- the gaps were far too much, IMO ))

Secondly --
Some extra changes but with INT localization files...

LW_Overhaul Line #257
[XComGameState_LWListenerManager]
;m_strOnLiaisonMission="Haven Adviser"
m_strOnLiaisonMission="HA"

And Line #540...
[X2StrategyElement_DefaultStaffSlots_LW]
;m_strLiaisonLocation="Haven Adviser: <XGParam:StrValue0>"
m_strLiaisonLocation="HA: <XGParam:StrValue0>"

(( MUCH less text scrolling effects in various HUD places ))

LW_Toolbox_Integrated Line #49
[UISquadSelect_LW]
;m_strStripWeapons=MAKE WEAPONS AVAILABLE
m_strStripWeapons=Ω WEAPONS

Just one tiny symbol! That is paired with the other two regular Vanilla Lines in XC2 Game, btw..
--- Begins near Line #10866
[UISquadSelect]
m_strStripWeapons=Ω WEAPONS
m_strStripGear=Ω ARMOR
m_strStripItems=Ω ITEMS

(( This reduces the bottom area buttons width clutter -- instead of reading the "MAKE .. AVAILABLE" repeats three times! ))

While you're still into that XC2 file...

[XComGameState_HeadquartersProjectHealSoldier] Line #11866
ProjectCompleteNotification="<font color='#BF0000' size='28'>%UNIT <font color='#EFEFEF'>has recovered from wounds.</font>"

(( This popup string is VERY easy to miss when you're busy with many-LW-other Geoscape tasks ))

----------------------------------------------------
There's much more to do.. i'll be Back (T2)! :)
Sines

Post by Sines »

deaconivory wrote:DefaultClassData.ini NumInForcedDeck = 0 NumInDeck = 0 This edit removes the specific soldier class from initial promotion screens, note that you can still receive this class as a reward or for hire in the Black Market.
Wait, so you can't auto-promote into certain classes? Why is that a suggested ini edit? Am I missing something here?
3dahs

Post by 3dahs »

Curious about the first 2 above questions as well.

Which difficulty is what?
Is Tuturial [0]
Rookie [1]
Veteran [2]
Commander [3]
Legend [4]

So playing at Legendary already allows you to see max crew on avenger?

MaxVisibleCrewconfig [0] = 3
MaxVisibleCrewconfig [1] = 5
MaxVisibleCrewconfig [2] = 8
MaxVisibleCrewconfig [3] = 12
MaxVisibleCrewconfig [4] = 30
gftgy

Post by gftgy »

deaconivory wrote:DefaultClassData.ini NumInForcedDeck = 0 NumInDeck = 0 This edit removes the specific soldier class from initial promotion screens, note that you can still receive this class as a reward or for hire in the Black Market.
This is not working in v1.1.
dodger

Post by dodger »

Sines wrote:
Wait, so you can't auto-promote into certain classes? Why is that a suggested ini edit? Am I missing something here?
I'm guessing but I'm assuming that's referring to how your first 8 promotions are guaranteed to be 1 of each of the 8 classes.
pingpong

Post by pingpong »

Hi Deaconivory

DefaultCamera.ini change ZoomedDistanceFromCursor to 4400 which allows you to back way out to see more of the AOE

DefaultCamera.ini change MaxTilesCameraCanMoveOutsideLevelVolume to 25 so that the camera isn't blocked by the edges of the AOE and can swing out (this works in LW1 as well)

I made the above changes but they did not seem to have any impact on the camera views whatsoever. I followed your instructions by editting the .ini files in (\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\Config). Running LW 2 v1.1 on Win 10. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it makes any difference, my steam folder is on the D:\ drive.

On another point, wasteland_ghost's Free Camera Rotation does not seem to be working for me either, despite your Mods Compatible worksheet.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!!
sumxcom2

Post by sumxcom2 »

Following Zyxpsilon's protocol to nerf AWC:

XComLW_AWCPack.ini

Show entire perk tree - Line #3
ALWAYSSHOW=true ;false ;display all future abilities instead of displaying "locked"

Reduce training time
- Lines #16+++
TrainingDaysForAWCLevel[0] = 2.0f ;4.0f ; unused
TrainingDaysForAWCLevel[1] = 2.0f ;4.0f
TrainingDaysForAWCLevel[2] = 4.0f ;8.0f
TrainingDaysForAWCLevel[3] = 8.0f ;12.0f

Buff rank required to train in the AWC to offset nerf - Lines #11+++
+RequiredRankForAWCTraining[0]=0
+RequiredRankForAWCTraining[1]=3 ;1
+RequiredRankForAWCTraining[2]=3 ;2
+RequiredRankForAWCTraining[3]=5 ;3
Last edited by sumxcom2 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
Skeazix

Post by Skeazix »

I've tried different lower the training time edits, but when I load my in progress game the training times are unchanged. Do these edits only impact new campaigns?
NoDebate

Post by NoDebate »

dodger wrote:
Sines wrote:
I'm guessing but I'm assuming that's referring to how your first 8 promotions are guaranteed to be 1 of each of the 8 classes.
That is correct. *EDIT* After testing a bit with Use My Class, Black Market troopers still have a tendency to have a class different from the one defined in their character pool.
Last edited by NoDebate on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
sumxcom2

Post by sumxcom2 »

Skeazix wrote:I've tried different lower the training time edits, but when I load my in progress game the training times are unchanged. Do these edits only impact new campaigns?
No, I've adjusted mine on the fly.

Make sure you are editing in the right config folder. They should be in the Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/#####/#######/Config.
Azrell

Post by Azrell »

XComLW_Overhaul Lines #26+++
+DISABLE_REINFORCEMENT_FLARES[0]=false ;F
+DISABLE_REINFORCEMENT_FLARES[1]=false ;T
+DISABLE_REINFORCEMENT_FLARES[2]=false ;T
+DISABLE_REINFORCEMENT_FLARES[3]=true ;T
(( XC2 had a flaw/bug that would hide them too accidentally.. so WHY do this on purpose? Difficulty? -- com'on! ))

this looks interesting. where to find the files to edit this. i cant find anything name XComLW anywhere.
Napalm292

Post by Napalm292 »

For me the path is:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config

File:

XComLW_Overhaul.ini

A search for XcomLW_Overhaul on whatever drive steam games reside on should find it.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

@jaw761, Both of these INI files are located in this folder;

"..YourDrive..:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config"
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

jaw761 wrote:Yes, but are they also in the LW2 files? And are they overridden with the mod?
Those are the LW2 overrides from vanilla.