Two Suggestions to Improve Stealth Missions in Long War 2 by Pouncival_Gaming

Start with the fundamentals.

Moderator: deaconivory

Forum rules
Players can post in Long War 201 threads but not start new ones.
RXTXK

Re: Two Suggestions to Improve Stealth Missions in Long War 2 by Pouncival_Gaming

Post by RXTXK »

The article on redit is a speculative piece about how to change the stealth mechanics. Is this right sub forum for that as it's not really a guide to the mod as it stands.
Jacke

Re: Two Suggestions to Improve Stealth Missions in Long War 2 by Pouncival_Gaming

Post by Jacke »

RXTXK wrote:The article on redit is a speculative piece about how to change the stealth mechanics. Is this right sub forum for that as it's not really a guide to the mod as it stands.
Well, deaconivory is the Long War 201 moderator, so I'd say it's up to him what belongs in this subforum. And instruction on a game under development can include discussion on what changes should be considered.

As for the suggestions, interesting. #1, providing better deployment with better infiltration percentage is good, but I suspect the form of it isn't the best and would likely be difficult to code into a mod. Perhaps have higher infiltration percentages decrease the ranges from the deployment zone to the objective to the evac zone. And likewise increase the average range of pod patrols from the objective. More work is needed on ways to provide better deployment as incentives.

#2 seems to be an extra special extra attractive Mimic Beacon. Interesting idea. Currently Mimic Beacons are currently gated behind high tech, a high cost Proving Ground Project, and require Gatekeeper Corpses, so Pavonis has put a tight control on them. I think changing that is rather significant.