How to Migrate Your LW2 Version 1.2 Campaign to 1.3

Start with the fundamentals.

Moderator: deaconivory

Forum rules
Players can post in Long War 201 threads but not start new ones.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

How to Migrate Your LW2 Version 1.2 Campaign to 1.3

Post by deaconivory »

Update: After speaking with a couple of testers who noticed some buggy behavior after running a 1.2 save with 1.3, I will go back to reminding users that starting a fresh campaign is the best possible option. No one has noticed any game-breaking bugs running a 1.2 save, however the caveat always remains, "Your Mileage May Vary". In all likelihood if you run a modded campaign you may notice some visual glitches, but mechanically 1.3 is built on the same foundation as 1.2, so there should not be anything that breaks your game. Make sure that you have backed up your saves. Also, note that some mods may need to be updated for 1.3, so you may encounter compatibility issues until they are updated. Again, those incompatibilities shouldn't be game breaking. If you have any reservations, unsubscribe from LW2 on Steam and subscribe to 1.2 on Nexus

Best practices for any mod update:
  • Begin with a Strategy save (from within the Avenger)
  • Backup and delete your \My documents\My games\xcom2\xcomgame\config folder
  • The very best option is to unsubscribe and resubscribe to Long War 2 (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =844674609). This is not required but will greatly increase your chances of having a nice clean start. The update download is 1.7 GB so plan accordingly.
  • If you have any mods that require that they be loaded after LW2, you will need to unsubscribe and resubscribe to them after LW2 is updated. This is not a common problem, so if you've not had to deal with it in the past you are probably ok to ignore this.
  • My personal preference is to move as many saves as possible out of the \My documents\my games\xcom2\savedata folder, leaving just the last 10 or so. This is also not required, but I've noticed a performance improvement (especially load times) when I do this. The same goes for the logs folder.
  • Before starting an updated campaign double check that all of your LW2 Options are set correctly (might as well check the Vanilla settings as well).
To “re-spec” your soldiers in the AWC:

In 1.3 several soldier perk trees were modified, so the perks that you've chosen for some of your soldiers are in new locations on the trees. You will need to put the solder in the AWC "Respec" tube and reassign perks as you see fit.
  • Open Notepad++ (download it here if you do not have it already: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) and navigate to:
  • Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\xcomgamedata.ini
  • Search (Ctrl+F) for “Respec” and then change the value following the “=” to 0
  • It should look like this for “Veteran” difficulty: XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[1]=0; Normal
  • Restart the game
  • Once you place the soldier in the tube the respec will be instantaneous, and you will be able to choose the perks again for your soldier.
For the following changes you will need the Developer’s console enabled:

To Enable the Developer’s console:
  • Open Steam. Right click on XCOM 2 and choose “Properties”
  • Click on the “Set Launch Options” button
  • In the text box type: -allowconsole
  • Click “Ok”
  • Restart the game
  • In the game hit the \ or ~ key to open the dev console in game
To add the new Scientist tubes to the Psi lab:

Starting with 1.3 you can assign a total of 2 Scientists to the Psi Lab to reduce the Psi lab training time even more for your soldiers.
  • Go to Engineering > Build Facilities and note the location number value of your Psi lab based on this grid:

3 | 4 | 5
    6 | 7 | 8
    9 | 10| 11
    12| 13| 14
  • Now click the big red X on the Psi Lab and then Ok, to destroy it.
  • Then open the Developer’s console and type in (or copy and paste) the following: GiveFacility PsiChamber #
  • Where the # is the grid location value. So, if you Psi lab is in the bottom right hand corner of the avenger, you would type GiveFacility PsiChamber 14
Reducing the Avatar timer:

Starting in 1.3 for every region you liberate your Avatar Timer / Doom Clock will go down by one pip. So for every liberated region in your 1.2 campaign save you will want to reduce the timer by one pip.

Open the Developer’s console and type the following: RemoveFortressDoom #
Where the # is equal to the number of regions that you’ve liberated so far

Radio Relays:

Beginning with 1.3 when you complete the Network Tower mission in a region you are awarded with a free Radio Relay. To add them to regions where you’ve completed that mission.

Open the Developer’s console and type: setregionreslevel WorldRegion# 3 where WorldRegion# = the region that needs a Radio Relay

WorldRegion_EastNA
WorldRegion_WestNA
WorldRegion_SouthNA
WorldRegion_NorthSA
WorldRegion_SouthSA
WorldRegion_WestEU
WorldRegion_EastEU
WorldRegion_NorthAF
WorldRegion_EastAF
WorldRegion_SouthAF
WorldRegion_EastAS
WorldRegion_WestAS
WorldRegion_NorthAS
WorldRegion_SouthAS
WorldRegion_NorthOC
WorldRegion_SouthOC

You will require a new campaign for the following changes to take effect:
  • Fixed Bug that was causing the DLC mission sites to spawn more than once in a campaign.
  • Fixed a bug where late game POIs were not spawning properly
  • Fixed a vanilla bug where Bleeding Out/Unconscious soldiers were not able to be picked up if they had been picked up at any point previously during your campaign.
QA_2

Re: How to Migrate Your LW2 Version 1.2 Campaign to 1.3

Post by QA_2 »

Thanks for the detailed list! Getting close to the end of my first campaign, so I'm probably going to defy all the recommendations and try to continue on with my save. :mrgreen: Don't worry, I'll come back and do 1.3 from the start later.
deaconivory wrote:
  • Open Notepad++ (download it here if you do not have it already: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) and navigate to:
  • Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\xcomgamedata.ini
Any idea where the equivalent location is for Steam on a Mac?
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

QA_2 wrote: Any idea where the equivalent location is for Steam on a Mac?
I think that it is here:

/Library/Application Support/Feral Interactive/

Old, but possibly helpful link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... _mac_help/
hasan

Post by hasan »

excuse me how do i get lw2 1.3 ?

i cant find it in nexus !

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/longw ... ngelog.htm

thanks
JasonH565

Post by JasonH565 »

hasan wrote:excuse me how do i get lw2 1.3 ?

i cant find it in nexus !

http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/longw ... ngelog.htm

thanks
Long War 2 1.3 has been released in Steam Workshop. The developers (I forget which one) said that they will delay the Nexus upload until it is definitely more stable.
QA_2

Post by QA_2 »

deaconivory wrote:
QA_2 wrote: Any idea where the equivalent location is for Steam on a Mac?
I think that it is here:

/Library/Application Support/Feral Interactive/

Old, but possibly helpful link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... _mac_help/
Thanks! This got me where I needed to be: the Reddit link pointed me to a location where I found an alias pointing to the ini files, which for reference in my case (OSX 10.12.4, Apr 25th 2017 build of Steam) turned out to be

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/workshop/content/268500/844674609/config
for the mod itself and for the base game

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/Feral Interactive/XCOM 2/VFS/Local/my games/XCOM2/XComGame/Config
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

jaw761 wrote:All the INI's got changed back to their original values, so I had to make the changes again.

Now my next question is: if I just leave the config files alone, do I risk anything? What's the reason for doing that anyway?
It's ok to leave them like that.
JoelHalpern

Post by JoelHalpern »

I just ran into an interesting problem trying to follow these instructions.
Playing Long war 2 on XCOM v1.2.3 on a Macbook pro running MAC OSX 10.12.5.
Migrating my LW2 game to 1.3. I am a fair ways into this game. I have a lot of soldiers.
When I go to the AWC reskill section, I can only get to a portion of the soldiers. (I am not sure how it is selected, as it is mostly the top of my soldier list, with one soldier from further down. I can not, as far as I can tell, scroll to get to additional soldiers to reskill them. Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Joel Halpern
lrt13305

Post by lrt13305 »

have problems with respec as it doesn't seem to work properly. restarted but still don't have instantly respec (still 16 days)

i changed everything to "0", what's wrong?
XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[0]=0
XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[1]=0; Normal
XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[2]=0; Classic
XComHeadquarters_DefaultRespecSoldierDays[3]=0;

I checked the file and it was correctly edited and saved

PS: found that ini in 2 mods and edited them also, can't check the result today, will do tomorrow. Hope that helped

PPS: working now :)