Cannot build incendiary bomb

SmurfUnunoctium

Cannot build incendiary bomb

Post by SmurfUnunoctium »

1) 1.1
2) PC
3) Comsmetic/UI mods
4) Can't build incendiary bombs. there is no option in the build item menu.
5) Here's a save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwX9bD ... sp=sharing
trihero

Re: Cannot build incendiary bomb

Post by trihero »

I was just about to post this myself, after researching the incendiary bomb upgrade, I can only construct incendiary grenades from the "built items" menu, and when I click incendiary grenade, it gives me an incendiary grenade like expected, but not the bomb I wanted.

Not sure if the following steps have anything to do with anything:

1) I had 2 incendiary grenades built prior to starting the bomb research
2) I had 1 incendiary grenade in my inventory (no one equipped it), but 1 grenade was on an infiltrating soldier, when the bomb research completed
3) The grenade in my inventory disappeared, and there was an incendiary bomb there instead
4) I cannot build incendiary bombs, and when the guy infiltrating came back, his grenade was still an incendiary grenade
Tovi

Post by Tovi »

Same problem, also I think we were supposed to get plasma bombs with the explosives upgrade but I didn't.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

Tovi wrote:Same problem, also I think we were supposed to get plasma bombs with the explosives upgrade but I didn't.
Plasma grenades are an upgrade for basic frag grenades, gained via the plasma grenade project (which is unlocked after muton autopsy). There's no third tier.

That said, not receiving incendiary, acid, gas, smoke, or EM bombs is definitely a bug. The project entries look like they were set up properly. My Proving Ground is backed up into next month with projects or else I'd check myself.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Whoah whoah whoah arcalane, no one said that anything more than incendiary bombs are bugged.

In fact, I just researched gas bombs and I was able to build them correctly; I haven't tried all the bombs since I don't have the resources, but no one here is reporting all the bombs are bugged, just incendiary bombs cannot be built after you finished the proving grounds research.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

My bad. I think I see the problem though on a second pass - the PG project references FirebombMk2, but the actual template name is FirebombMK2.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

No, those names shouldn't be case-sensitive. The problem is that Buildable is set to false on that line. Should be true.
DonMaster

Post by DonMaster »

Can anyone specify what i need to change and where to make it buildable? Is it resolved?
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

It's an easy fix. Navigate to programfiles/steam/steamapps/workshop/content/268500/844674609/XcomLW_overhaul

Open the file with Notepad++

Go down to line 470

Change "buildable=false" to "buildable=true"

It should jump out at you immediately, as it's the only "false" in that entire column. I imagine when the devs found that mistake they said "wait, how did THAT happen?"

EDIT: I can't actually confirm that this works, since I haven't yet gotten Advanced grenades in my game, but it seemed like such an obvious mistake, that I'm comfortable posting it here. If there are more/other steps needed, I hope someone will correct me.
DonMaster

Post by DonMaster »

It works, Thank you!