[1.2] Typo on HAIL OF BULLETS line in XComLW_Overhaul.ini

Jacke

[1.2] Typo on HAIL OF BULLETS line in XComLW_Overhaul.ini

Post by Jacke »

On Long War 1.2 on PC. Whole pile of XCOM 2 mods, but they shouldn't have any effect here.

In XComLW_Overhaul.ini on line 359 where Hail of Bullets has its ammo cost set, there's appears to be a typo, an extra ` on the end of the line.

Code: Select all

HAIL_OF_BULLETS_AMMO_COST=5`
bingo12345

Re: [1.2] Typo on HAIL OF BULLETS line in XComLW_Overhaul.ini

Post by bingo12345 »

bump for fix
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Hmm, I had already fixed that but I guess it didn't make it in the patch. What's the ammo requirement for HoB you are seeing in-game?
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

johnnylump wrote:Hmm, I had already fixed that but I guess it didn't make it in the patch. What's the ammo requirement for HoB you are seeing in-game?
I did some testing. Appears the backquote is ignored and the number is used as the ammo consumed by Hail of Bullets.

Took my heavily modded campaign and used console commands (stock and Grimy's Console Commands) to respec a Gunner into having Hail of Bullets (none of my Gunners had it). Took her out on a mission. Exited and with the Alternate Mod Launcher relaunched with only Long War 2 enabled. XCOM 2 complained but the tactical savegame appeared to load and behave correctly.

For several runs of XCOM 2 with Long War 2, loaded that save game and found a turret and used Hail of Bullets on it, noted the ammo consumed and correct operation, then exited XCOM 2. Did this for HAIL_OF_BULLETS_AMMO_COST set to "5". "5`", "2", and "2`".

Only the number mattered and was the ammo consumed, respectively 5, 5, 2, and 2. The backquote was effectively ignored.

One thing I didn't test was putting an expanded mag on the weapon and see if "5`" would actually consume all ammo in the weapon. After finding "2`" had it consume 2 ammo, I considered this extra test unnecessary.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks for the follow-up.