Function UnitEndedTacticalPlay and Evac

shiremct

Function UnitEndedTacticalPlay and Evac

Post by shiremct »

It seems that the function UnitEndedTacticalPlay does not trigger on evac. Things that use this, like Field Surgeon, don't apply their effects post-mission.

This may also have something to do with why the TransferMECToOutpost effect was not always working in previous versions (It does not use UnitEndedTacticalPlay function anymore). I don't know if there are still problems with stun effects hanging around, but that effect also uses this function to clear the stun points post mission. Not sure if it's used in other places.

Tested in LW2 1.3 with only LW active. Rescue VIP mission 1st mission after Gatecrasher. Console killed the AIs, grenade my own troops to put some damage on them, and evaced out. No healing from Field Surgeon (100% chance for first application).
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Function UnitEndedTacticalPlay and Evac

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the report. And yes, field surgeon is suffering from a similar problem that Full Override had in 1.2. I just checked in a fix for it that should be in the next update.
shiremct

Re: Function UnitEndedTacticalPlay and Evac

Post by shiremct »

Thanks for the quick fix on this! I use a custom ability in my class mod based on Field Surgeon, and though I had a general idea of what would probably be needed to make it work, I don't have a strong enough understanding of event listeners to work out the implementation on my own.

Referencing the fix you applied, I was able to repair my ability as well. Thank you!!