Avatae timer not getting reduced after blacksite mission

Algonos

Avatae timer not getting reduced after blacksite mission

Post by Algonos »

Hi
I am playing lw2 1.4 campaign, which was started on 1.3

Today i did my second blacksite mission.
However, after completing the mission the avatar timer isn't reduced.
The timer had 4 slots before i did the mission and it remained with 4 slots after going back to the stratigic layer when completing the mission

I tried reloading last turn of the mission and completing it again, but i am getting the same result.
I can provide the save file.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Avatae timer not getting reduced after blacksite mission

Post by tracktwo »

I'll take a look at that save, please send me a link. There was a bug here in 1.3 that was fixed in 1.4, but it shouldn't require a new campaign.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Closing this off in case anyone else has a similar bug: the doom actually increased before the mission started so it was reduced back to 4 after being 5. It is confusing because there is a vanilla bug here that won't trigger the doom reduction animation in some circumstances (e.g. if you restart the game from within the mission instead of completing the whole thing in one session) so unless you're paying very close attention to the number of pips before and after the mission it doesn't appear like the count was decreased. It is, though, this is just an animation bug.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Wouldn't it be better **IF** any of the Pips-Animation cycles could always show up though?
Not sure about the coding technicalities about such "flaws".. but as of now.. it's counter-intuitive to NOT get proper & continual HUD feedbacks in these particular cases even when rare.
Please do your best, TT! ;)
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Yes, it would be better if it did show the animation always. But this is not a new issue in LW2, it's a vanilla bug, and one without any real gameplay impact so I am prioritizing it lower than bugs that more directly impact gameplay. I'm not saying I'll never fix it, but it may not be right now.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Gotcha.. besides, with the upcoming WotC expansion there's still a good chance Firaxis already patched this (and probably many more!) issue.