Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:47 am
The good news is that beta 1 is now available. The bad news is that it's not on Steam. For those of you still willing to download the zip and install the mod, check out the release on GitHub
(download link is at the bottom).
Make sure you read the release notes thoroughly, particularly the first part on upgrading from earlier versions
This is a pretty substantial change, so I'll just include some highlights here:
- All the faction soldiers can now get Master Sergeant and have extra perks
- Chosen are now enabled through a Second Wave option rather than a INI setting
- The chance for Chosen to appear on a mission is affected by the infiltration level (the more you underinfiltrate, the more chance for them to appear)
- The LW2 flamethrower targeting is back! No more frustration as you fail to hit any targets with it because you're standing behind some half cover.
- The invasion mission is a little easier on the reinforcements, but you can no longer one-shot the spike to stop them
- The Squad Select screen has some quality of life changes, including the map type the mission will be on (so you don't get stuck bringing a Death-from-Above Sharpshooter on Tunnels).
Anyway, too tired to write any more. Many thanks to all those mentioned in the acknowledgements section of the release notes. Hope you enjoy the mod!
- Posts: 623
- Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:10 am
Congratulations on taking this project to such a stage. Been distantly following things. Currently, I just don't have the space to reinstall XCOM 2 WotC, so I won't be checking it out any time soon. It is good to know that LW2 has been continued.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 pm
Thank you so much for making this! I hope the workload isn't killing you, I appreciate this.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:18 pm
Hi guys! So cool you're integrating LW2 and WOTC.
Brief feedback: I installed the game and mod carefully from scratch, only installed the recommended mods, cleaned config etc. Started about 6 or 7 games and missions, but the game always crashes after 2-3 turns. Never had that before (I have 750 hours on XCom2) so this seems related to the specific LW2/WOTC integration I'm afraid. Any feedback appreciated of course but I assume there is little you can do from afar (running on Windows 10, modern PC, nothing that stands out from other users, all very standard).
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:15 pm
Good work, amazing is how much Long War is in.