(information to WOTC LW2 dev)WOTC overwatch shot hit chance is broken(screenshot)

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
bingo12345

(information to WOTC LW2 dev)WOTC overwatch shot hit chance is broken(screenshot)

Post by bingo12345 »

Donatella hit chance with cover bonus = 55
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1276565230

Donatella reaction fire hit chance with cover bonus(bug)= 55*0.7 = 39
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1276565297

Maricruz hit chance with cover bonus = 27
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1276568127

Maricruz reaction fire hit chance with cover bonus(bug) =27*0.7 = 19
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1276568158

Issue Summary: Enemy who moves from cover to anywhere still gets his cover bonus on incoming overwatch reaction fire. it seems WOTC overwatch reaction fire occurs as soon as target moves so target is still in cover and gets cover bonus almost always on reaction fire. (checked with "WOTC - Extended Information!" mod. LW2 mod and vanilla xcom 2 don't have this problem.)

tip: you can use "[WOTC] Revert Overwatch Rules Change" mod to fix this issue
Last edited by bingo12345 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bingo12345

Re: (information to WOTC LW2 dev)WOTC overwatch shot hit chance is broken(screenshot)

Post by bingo12345 »

2k answer:

Hello Bingo0080,

Thanks for that detailed report and screenshots! #TheyDidTheMath

Gamers like you, who are willing to take their personal time to inform us of these bugs are absolutely invaluable to us and the community. I will be sure to have this ticket tagged and reported on for review. I can't say for sure when the numbers will be fixed but thanks to you, a fix will be more likely, kudos!

Since we have gathered all of your findings and this appears to be the end of our support on this issue, I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as solved. It's just our way of closing the ticket. You're now free to get back into the game and join the resistance!

I really appreciate your work on this, and if you have any further 2K related questions in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us again and I'll do my best to lend a hand!

Kind regards,

Jesse B.
2K Support
ADVENTBurgers

Re: (information to WOTC LW2 dev)WOTC overwatch shot hit chance is broken(screenshot)

Post by ADVENTBurgers »

Dude Nice
>Overwatch Sentinel
>Miss Both ADVENT Troopers with 68%
>Crit By ADVENT Officer in Full cover.

X-COM Baby!
bingo12345

Post by bingo12345 »

they didn't fix this. they forgot about this for sure.
bingo12345

Post by bingo12345 »

from 2k.
---------------------------
Hello Bingo,

Our sincerest apologies that nothing has come out of the issue yet, after looking back at the issue it has been shared with the development team. Unfortunately we do not have any visibility on developer progress. You would find out the XCOM Twitter page future updates about this issue. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention and my apologies that it's still affecting your game. :(

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks,

Scott W.
2K Support
evan466

Post by evan466 »

You tried contacting the XCOM twitter?
bingo12345

Post by bingo12345 »

evan466 wrote:You tried contacting the XCOM twitter?
no. i didn't
bingo12345

Post by bingo12345 »

you can use "[WOTC] Revert Overwatch Rules Change" mod to fix this issue