LWOTC rises from the ashes (kind of)

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
paledbrook

LWOTC rises from the ashes (kind of)

Post by paledbrook »

Just to let everyone know (and in an effort to get people involved) I foolishly attempted to port Long War 2 to XCOM 2 War of the Chosen. Surprisingly, I actually made some progress. You can learn about it on Reddit:
There's no guarantee at this point that the project will ever become playable, but it's a start. It will require others than me to help get it across the finishing line, though.
cryptc

Re: LWOTC rises from the ashes (kind of)

Post by cryptc »

This looks really promising... heck, if you can just get the patrolling and LW AI working, that would already make WotC so much more playable to me than currently...

Can't really offer much help myself unfortunately, I just hope you can get enough cobbled together to be an absolute minimum product, and then maybe will be easier to get others to tweak more... my main suggestion would be to completely axe the fatigue system of WotC in favor of the infiltration mechanic... not the most pretty solution, but it's preferable to making a solution with both that isn't balanced well...
paledbrook

Re: LWOTC rises from the ashes (kind of)

Post by paledbrook »

Many of the missions are playable right now. There's just an issue with drones patrolling and a failure of pods to scamper under certain circumstances.

Unfortunately there is a lot of work (or at least time) that needs to be expended on other mission types, such as jailbreaks, retaliations and probably invasions. Once those are working and a few other blocking issues are fixed, I'm hoping to publish an alpha that people can try.

On the will front, I'm planning to leave it in and see how it works out. I think soldiers can recover will while they're infiltrating, so it shouldn't have much of an impact there, but it will help counter the 100+ turn time-unlimited missions like supply raids.