Play testers wanted for alpha release of LW2 for WOTC

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
paledbrook

Play testers wanted for alpha release of LW2 for WOTC

Post by paledbrook »

I have got Long War 2 [WOTC] to a point where I really need feedback on the game beyond the first month or so. I'm hoping that some of you will be willing to try the mod with the understanding that you're unlikely to be able to complete a campaign (or even get near to doing so - although I don't really know). You should treat this as a bug hunt, but not unplayably so.

My main interest is in game-breaking bugs and balance problems, but feel free to report other issues as well.

Instructions for downloading and installing the mod are here: https://github.com/pledbrook/lwotc/wiki ... %5BWOTC%5D

Any help is greatly appreciated!
TheKmank

Re: Play testers wanted for alpha release of LW2 for WOTC

Post by TheKmank »

Just wanted to say great work on the alpha! I have been waiting for something like this for ages.

As far as bugs, I believe that the Reapers can't be leveled up on the post-mission screen (they can afterwards in the barracks).
paledbrook

Post by paledbrook »

Thanks. That is a known bug with the post-mission screen. Unfortunately, anything related to movies or graphics gets pushed back because it's way outside my field of expertise. I hope someone else who know what they're doing will be able to fix that.
cryptc

Post by cryptc »

This is looking pretty good so far, great work. Been trying it out with no other mods installed.

So far I've noticed that the advent captains do not seem to be using holo targeting (I have seen them shoot as first action of turn), so might be something wonky with the AI.

And I've gotten one reproducible crash by using teamwork on a soldier and then having them call for evac with the bonus action.

Wish I had more time to thoroughly play test, but I'll put in a few hours here and there when I have a chance to try find bugs.
paledbrook

Post by paledbrook »

Thanks for trying it out. I don't think the captain should always mark on the first turn. It's too easy to game. He does mark, though.

Would you be able to raise an issue on GitHub for the crash and attach a save file? That would make things much easier for me.
MajorEvil

Post by MajorEvil »

With your Permition, I would also like to upload a YouTube series of this to my YouTube channel. I don't really have any following or subscribers on my channel. However the idea with this is that I can help promote this community project at least a little, while at the same time allowing people to review any and all episodes of this that I release. Either for Development for the mod or for entertainment value. Either way you win.
paledbrook

Post by paledbrook »

You don't need my permission, but thanks for asking. Go ahead! Just keep an eye on the project's issues so that you stay abreast of any game-breaking bugs. Oh, and I'm aiming/hoping to get alpha 2 out on Saturday.
lmstanding

Post by lmstanding »

so im not sure if this is a bug but im not getting any missions involving lost

there was one in one of the lost stages but devoid of lost.
i have also not encountered any choosen but i dont know if its due to not liberating any region

im a good 30 missions in.

edit: also i dont see a way to upgrade the templar/reaper/skermisher armors even though i have the predator armor for a good while now

the AWC extra ability's for the soldiers are somethimes either unusable (things that effect arc thrower/holo targeting ect ) or duplicate abilitys to ones they already have, though this could be solved with the "i'm the commender here" mod

let me know if this input is helping or not
paledbrook

Post by paledbrook »

1. You will currently only get the Lost on abandoned city maps or if a relevant dark event is active. The sitreps are currently disabled.
  2. The Chosen are also currently disabled, although there is a private test build that has them active, which twitch.tv/Kaen_SG has been playing with.
  3. The faction hero armours are now buildable in alpha 3, included plated and powered versions.
  4. The training centre is a bit wonky in a few ways, although I should really raise issues for those particular ones.
The feedback is useful, but it's best to provide it via GitHub Issues if you can. I don't check this forum very often.
FenrisUlf

Post by FenrisUlf »

Hey,

I am downloading it and will do my best to find bugs for you :)

Thanks for the Work.