Unable to find mods on the launcher list

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
Kissbear

Unable to find mods on the launcher list

Post by Kissbear »

1) The version of Long War you are playing : 3.1 BETA
2) The platform you are playing on : Steam, on Windows 10 (64)
3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with : no-one currently, all are disabled.
4) The circumstances of the bug or precise steps to produce it : see below
5) Whether you are able to offer a savegame for us to look at : not even able to launch it ! :D

Hello there !

Today I tried to go back on an good old-school X-Com 2 game, excited to see your new version of the famous LW2 mod.

After download of the 3.1 BETA, I followed the instructions for the installation, but in my launcher mod-list, I just can't find "LongWarOfTheChosen" neither "X2WOTCCommunityHighlander", yet they are well placed in the file (see attachement)
bugreport1.png
bugreport1.png (12.77 KiB) Viewed 16934 times
I assume that the new Firaxis launcher encounters some incompatibilty, since I didn't have any problem with the old versions, long time ago.

Here is another two attachements of what my modding list looks like in the launcher (as you can see, "LongWarOfTheChosen" and "X2WOTCCommunityHighlander" are not here despite of the alphabetic order)
bugreport2.png
bugreport2.png (585.83 KiB) Viewed 16934 times
bugreport3.png
bugreport3.png (657.82 KiB) Viewed 16934 times

Does anyone have an explanation? (Sorry if the problem is already on the forum, I didn't find it)

Thanks a lot !
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Unable to find mods on the launcher list

Post by johnnylump »

Moved to LWOTC forum.
Manu259

Post by Manu259 »

I had the same problem, what fixed it for me.

Go to where your game is installed in your computer, it should be something like "C/Steam/XCOM2..."

Then go to your "Xcom2-WarOfTheChosen" folder, then "Binaries/Win64/Launcher"

Once there, look for 'ModLauncherWPF' and create a direct access in your desktop.

Go to the direct access, right click and open 'Properties' then you have to add '-noRedScreens -review' after the adress where it leads.

It should end up looking similar to this: "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XCom2-WarOfTheChosen\Binaries\Win64\Launcher\ModLauncherWPF.exe" -noRedScreens -review

Open Steam but when you're going to play XCOM 2, enter via the direct access in your desktop instead of through Steam and it should open the old Mod launcher.

I hope it helps!
Kissbear

Post by Kissbear »

Worked perfectly ! Thanks a lot :)
hockeyfan

Post by hockeyfan »

Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately that didn't help me.
See the photo below.

The message says "Invalid path". :-(

Any other ideas?
Attachments
Fehlermeldung 1.png
Fehlermeldung 1.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 16487 times
Labbeduddel

Post by Labbeduddel »

Dem Bild nach zu urteilen sprichst du deutsch...

Ich hatte die Fehlermeldung auch, achte auf die korrekte Schreibweise und auch die Leerzeichen.

ich hatte keine Leerzeichen gesetzt und bekam dadurch die Fehlermeldung.

Grüße