Diplomacy and other thoughts

Walti921

Diplomacy and other thoughts

Post by Walti921 »

The Release of terra invicta coincided with my contraction of the strange alien pandemic currently circling the globe.

I have now played ALOT as a consequence.

I'm in 2038 and I think I have an okay path to victory as EU centered resistance. Getting to the point where alien chokehold is becoming brittle. (Big thanks to Perun, his videos really helped).

I suppose my single biggest request would be for less opaque/more involved diplomacy with other factions. In my current playthrough the initiative is still agro'd on me despite me basically leaving them the America's. I can't seem to make peace and eventually they manage to annoy me to the point where I lash out kill thier best saboteurs ect to put them on the defensive and get a few months peace.

Given the current events happening on earth, this ongoing cyclical conflict is VERY counterproductive. But no matter what I offer them or how many times I give them "generous" gifts they just go straight back to trying to sabotage/steal everything the next day.

It just no longer seems in their best interests to keep focusing me when very bad things are happening to them.
I think they are massively undervalueing certain threats, probably because I control china Russia and Europe and am more threatening? Even though I'm not the one gobling up thier heavily xenoformed turf.

Also I notice the AI including humanity first is exceptionally poor at removing aliens and thier influence/xenoforming from thier territory. This makes them... vulnerable to certain events later and it is a bit immersion breaking.

I think certain factions particularly humanity first should be more aggressive in this regard. In my game humanity first lost thier exclusive hold on India as they did nothing to deal with the 2 or 3 aliens rampaging through thier territory, terrorizing, abducting and enthralling.

I also think some of the priorities selected by certain factions are a bit unfortunate as well. Again using humanity first as an example, they seem to manage to reduce the gdp and science output of thier territory pretty reliably while they stockpile nukes and cash.

This is hilarious when they decide to use those nukes at certain points but effectively means they struggle to adapt and hold nations as circumstances change. Have noticed this with most factions.

Overall love the game. It's GREAT. I think AI tweaks particularly around certain values are probably going to give the greatest improvement to game quality with smallest programing/dev effort at this point.

Down the track I'd love to see diplomacy a bit more fleshed out.

Lots of thoughts based on sample size of 2 games at this point. Would love to hear the experiences of others and if there is any consensus around these issues.