[Suggestion / Request] Solar System Map Modes

DarthVicious

[Suggestion / Request] Solar System Map Modes

Post by DarthVicious »

At times, the solar system can be quite cluttered, and there are some things that I seem to have lost that I could see before.

1) It would be nice to have a free-moving camera, instead of always locked to object.

2) Perhaps options to remove clutter, scaling from only showing major planets, to planets and major asteroids, to everything. (Say 3 or 4 levels of detail). Using a size slider? Diameter > 100km, >1000km, >10.000km?

3) A tactical solar system mode showing only selected faction/alien fleets headed to bodies where my faction has a presence. Or bases belonging to a selected faction.

4) I seem to have lost the ability to see fleet vectors, I am sure I used to be able to see fleet vectors when selecting fleets. Not sure what happened to it.

5) An option to only show local system. Like when browsing Jupiter or Uranus. It's hard to distinguish jovian moons from asteroids or centaurs in the background. A way to filter out distant objects or objects not part of the current system would be nice. Maybe a distance slider (1AU, 5AU, 10AU) to filter out background?

Aside, is there any way to cancel a fleet transit or divert a fleet once its underway? I have loads of dV, but fleets cannot RTB or divert or change orbits?

Oh, and it would be really nice if I got a reminder 7 days before a fleet arrived in LEO that the arrival was imminent. The original notification 6 months ago has been long since forgotten. I am old.
Last edited by DarthVicious on Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
neilwilkes

Re: [Suggestion / Request] Solar System Map Modes

Post by neilwilkes »

1. Yes, please. This one really can get annoying as the keyboard controls are more efficient than the mouse controls in SS view (unless I am missing something, which is all too likely)

2. Yes, but only temporarily. This should never be a default option.

Not really yet made it to the point where the other options you suggest are a thing for me - hopefully this weekend though.