Frustration with nose weapons

Robertjciv

Frustration with nose weapons

Post by Robertjciv »

Autopilot will almost never use nose based rail cannons. There seems to be no difference in how the AI handles a ship if it has a nose weapon or if it has hull weapons. I padlock but they just completed turn and show their thrusters to the enemy. Doing it by hand it seems I am either dodging or dying. So still cant use nose weapons effectively. Why, for ships with nose weapons, are they not built different? It would seem for a ship that needs to dodge and keep its nose pointed at the enemy, side thrusters would be come a prominent installation and handle differently than a hull based ship.

If there is a good tutorial and I am just not handling the ship correctly please link it. I have watched ever tutorial I can find and have come to the conclusion that we need powerful side thrusters on ships with nose weapons.
PAwleus

Re: Frustration with nose weapons

Post by PAwleus »

Currently, you can only dodge by using main engines. However, as you could see in this thread from the very same page, current thrusters are powerful enough for dodging even in case of quite heavy ships.