Any rescue mission?

SN1181

Any rescue mission?

Post by SN1181 »

Sometimes I found that my ships stay mostly intact but lost the reactor and drive, but I can do nothing but sink them even if they were eqiuped with repair bay or in the LEO.
I wonder if there are any ship can perform rescue or towing mission for this kind of situation, and how does the repair bay supposed to work?
DarthVicious

Re: Any rescue mission?

Post by DarthVicious »

The "trick" is to send a ship equipped with a platform module to intercept the fleet. The fleet will automatically be docked with the platform when its deployed, and you can build a dock and repair the fleet.

For long range expeditions or task forces, i always include a ship with a couple of platform modules so I can refuel/repair near instantly at the far end.

EDIT: It kinda renders the ISRU module and repair bay irrelevant. Not even sure what the repair bay does?
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.