What does 'Select Advisory Team' actually do?

neilwilkes

What does 'Select Advisory Team' actually do?

Post by neilwilkes »

Since the option was changed from Ops income to the 'Select Advisory Team' instead, I have never yet seen anything connected to the 'event' that was triggered.
What is it supposed to DO, please?
DarthVicious

Re: What does 'Select Advisory Team' actually do?

Post by DarthVicious »

As far as i am aware its just the instant bonus as per the mouseover. Not aware that it kicks off any event chain.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

DarthVicious wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:23 pm As far as i am aware its just the instant bonus as per the mouseover. Not aware that it kicks off any event chain.
Which is odd, considering the wording that it 'enables an event'.
I'm obviously reading too much into this.
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

I deliberately chose it in my current campaign, but years later and no follow-up events that I can attribute to it.

Would be nice of those choices had a 'knock-on' effect to other choices and events later in the game. Consequences for decisions are great. Like the lab inspection event, you can only choose "Generals to visit" if you selected a military advisory team, and so on. There are some choices that are faction specific of course, but so far I have not seen that earlier choices affect later options.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
neilwilkes

Post by neilwilkes »

DarthVicious wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:52 am I deliberately chose it in my current campaign, but years later and no follow-up events that I can attribute to it.

Would be nice of those choices had a 'knock-on' effect to other choices and events later in the game. Consequences for decisions are great. Like the lab inspection event, you can only choose "Generals to visit" if you selected a military advisory team, and so on. There are some choices that are faction specific of course, but so far I have not seen that earlier choices affect later options.
That's a really good idea - decisions should have consequences.