What to do about "Erratic Leader Behavior"?

icomeinpeace

What to do about "Erratic Leader Behavior"?

Post by icomeinpeace »

What do I do about this? Should I literally increase the Science attribute of my councilors - and if so, should I take one really high or is it the sum of their Sci points that matter?

Or is this rather a hint that I need to do research, e.g. pherocytes, alien communication & interrogation etc?
Screenshot_TI_2024-01-19_13-28-49.png
Screenshot_TI_2024-01-19_13-28-49.png (791.23 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
DarthVicious

Re: What to do about "Erratic Leader Behavior"?

Post by DarthVicious »

I believe it is the cumulatuve science score that adds to resistance. But there is no immediate remedy to this. No golden bullet.

I see it only as the game warning you to prioritise building up resistance as part of your strategy. Even multiple techs later and with extreme high cumulative science you might still end up losing control points to a concerted effort.

Surveillance missions, alien investigation, and ofc assassination (of aliens and servants) remain the ultimate remedy.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
icomeinpeace

Post by icomeinpeace »

DarthVicious wrote:I believe it is the cumulatuve science score that adds to resistance. But there is no immediate remedy to this. No golden bullet.
That's okay; I'm modest and will settle for a silver bullet. :mrgreen: (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

But more to the point, after playing for a few hours today two projects have become available that should help with this: Executive Protection and Security Measures. So it seems the "Erratic Behavior" was just a hint for more research after all?
Screenshot_TI_Security_Measures_2024-01-20_13-43-00.png
Screenshot_TI_Security_Measures_2024-01-20_13-43-00.png (173.31 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
Screenshot_TI_Executive_Protection_2024-01-20_13-52-31.png
Screenshot_TI_Executive_Protection_2024-01-20_13-52-31.png (175.27 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
PAwleus

Post by PAwleus »

DarthVicious wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:58 am Surveillance missions, alien investigation, and ofc assassination (of aliens and servants) remain the ultimate remedy.
Going to space early and destroying alien surveillance ships can buy you a lot of time with that and you don't even have to waste your councilors actions on surveillance missions when you have stations in orbit that help to reveal them.
StrykeSlammerII

Post by StrykeSlammerII »

To answer the original question--it's "all of the above", and sum of science across all councilors.
I think the codex lists Council Science as one modifier to those types of alien missions, once it shows them.

Otherwise, the message you posted is one of the few places that alerts the player to increase Science as a defense. (The techs are pretty self-explanatory IMO.)
icomeinpeace

Post by icomeinpeace »

Thanks, I'll look through the Codex and see if I can get any wiser!

BTW, another Tech showed up - I think it was after capturing the Lizard (?) type of alien - that improves the protection against alien "terrorize" missions. Maybe these different kinds of alien missions are described in the Codex too. I need to have a look (I've kindof neglected the Codex I think).
DarthVicious

Post by DarthVicious »

The lore is pretty cool.

There are different alien species that if captured and/or examined unlock specific techs, or reveal new information about the Alien culture or history.

Its also fascinating playing a different faction and seeing things from a different perspective.

I would love if this was expanded on even more. I really enjoyed the whole 'discovery' aspect of the game.
Richard Baxton held off four waves of mind worms. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character. People need heroes. They don't need to know he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy.
StrykeSlammerII

Post by StrykeSlammerII »

The Codex has a surprising amount of info!
I think it does a decent job of condensing things, but there is just so much detail in this game that it's still difficult to take it all in.

The Codex does have holes; not all formulae inputs are listed for everything. But I still recommend you try to become familiar with it.

There are also a reasonable number of things throughout the game that are only shown once you hit certain milestones--including some techs that only show on the tree once they unlock, and even a space resource!--and I will still complain that there are no alerts when something is added to the Codex.

I understand that the game wants to keep the player from having perfect information, but once you've played a few times and are ready for spoilers, there's a third-party tech tree at https://sarahwatt.ca/terra-invicta/techtree/
It lists all techs, even hidden ones and faction-specific ones. There are several hidden faction-only techs, so you may want to play through all the factions before you dive too deep there :)