version 0.4 - Hurrah!

neilwilkes

version 0.4 - Hurrah!

Post by neilwilkes »

Now version 4.1, and this is a literal game changer in oh, so many ways so the first question must be 'what would happen if I loaded my last saved game from version 0.136 please? I ask because whilst there seem to be more regions in the USA now, there still seem to be the same number of CP - or is this a limitation of my monitor resolution please?
I guess that I really ought to go read those fine build notes, but I just dove right in on a new run to see what happens. I love the new indicators for the unrest & GDP changes - makes things easier to see at a glance.
I'm certain that I will be editing in some more later, but for now I need to just run some time in the game & see what happens....great looking update though
neilwilkes

Re: version 0.4 - Hurrah!

Post by neilwilkes »

Okay - question is answered - old versions not compatible so not to worry.
quisatzleto

Re: version 0.4 - Hurrah!

Post by quisatzleto »

- Outpost Cores now costs 2 MC instead of 1.

is masiveee!

T1 mining plce now cost MC3 not 2. So you have -33% economy lost. I'm surprised by such radical changes. So what ? Have you been be mistaken about T1 cost of 100% - the base for so many years?! I understand that this is beta...

By the way, what have you done with Ukraine??!! - to destroy it, you need combined US-Russian forces... pff too much propaganda

Better AI differences because it's dead. I propose:

1. The aliens, having a 50K advantage in the fleet, automatically declare total war (feeling confident) - this will be a counter to being a lemin in the CM cap and starting the first war with plasma and antimatter.

2. Shooting a base around the Earth changes "Alien hate=0" - otherwise for 1.5boost people will reduce their hate. By spamming t1 base so that the aliens destroy them.

3. Nuclear attack should be available everywhere whenever you have missiles and not create a war quickly before an invasion takes place.

4. A nuclear attack should have much greater consequences than damaging the economy - basically, you play with no experience and won't notice the difference. What? Opinion drop massive.

You can quickly create a scenario that the game begins with total war - let the players find tactics.

There are too few engines with a speed of 80+, i.e. ensuring that they can catch up with the aliens - basically, there are two such engines, but the rest are scrap.

Reduce the end-of-game requirement - who has enough time to mix individual ships. Any knowledgeable player will build ships loaded with nuclear missiles instead of destroying them anyway. The compopter should group ships when the player has a fleet 1/4 of the aliens' strength.

The AI has very bad ship compositions. What's the point of having 200 ships, there are limits on the number of ships per fight to save our FPS. The computer can have 1M ships if it enters them individually after a loss. Do you know how long it takes to enter the ships? - You should enter varying amounts of detail depending on the size of the battle.

Every experienced player sets the ship speed to 5% anyway and, having plasma guns, alt-tab and returns in 15-30 minutes.

Combat auto simulation should be to the player's advantage, otherwise people will be afraid to use this option even if they have an advantage. It is sad to remove ships from the fleet that have a damaged drive - let it be repaired at the expense of the fleet's efficiency.

Now i play on normal +400% res for alien.