Need help with a long war Armor mod

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
B1ackwolf

Need help with a long war Armor mod

Post by B1ackwolf »

Hi, hopefully someone can help me, im having a kind of issue with long war, i noticed devs decided to use Gene-MODS armors to increase the number of total possibilities your soldiers could equip, but also the changed the model of the kestrel armor into the Ghost GM variant (it looks slimmer than the skeleton equivalent so i guess that was the reason)...the problem is i never liked the GM versions of any of the armors so i decided to eliminate them. This of course kind of resolved my problems but then it generate other ones, as i stated before , because the devs used Ghost armor model to the kestrel, i ended having scouts and snipers using high tier cat-suit looking armours at very low level while other ones still used phalanx and carapaces...it was so gamebreaking for me i ended skipping kestrel armos at all and when i started fielding Aegis(titan sleveless model) and the sort, i found that Corsairs armors("top tier"ish of their category are using Skeleton models. So again i endend up having "missmatching" armours spread all around my troops all again because everyone is starting to fielding kind of cat-suits while they keep using this plate armors and for some reason this is driving me mad, so what i really want to do but i dont know how is this:

1)make kestrel armors start using the Banshee armor model ,in other words: making shadow model(originally called Ghost model) being an Light Skeleton model (this way fitting with the plate-ish style of the phalanx and carapace armors of the same "tier")

2)Make Banshee armors use the Corsair armor (having the same effect of comparing a phalanx with a carapace,both using the same basic model but with the soulderpad difference so one looks heavier than the other),

3)make Corsair armor look like the Kestrel armor (like a light Ghost model), this way fitting better IMO of the cat-suit tier

If anyone know how i can do this, i would be absolutely gladfull, i already found the DefaultContent.Ini file i have to edit, i already changed it to reeplace the GM into normal versions(just in case to make it even safer i did it correctly i tried using both "Revenge of the Sleeves" and "Sleeve Geniee" and they both did the same changes so i m sure its correct(aside the fact they look correctly in the Game)

The problem is, i tried changing:

UnitPackageInfo=(PawnType=ePawnType_Male_3_Ghost_GM,ArchetypeName="Soldier_MaleGhost.ARC_MaleGhost")
to
UnitPackageInfo=(PawnType=ePawnType_Male_3_Ghost_GM,ArchetypeName="Soldier_MaleSkeleton.ARC_MaleSkeleton")

(also changed the ArmorDeco=(Armor=eItem_END_COLLECTIBLES,ArmorKit=eKit_Deco_Ghost0); light ghost / kestrel into deco_skeleton and all that stuff)

I did this both with male and females, but it doesnt work at all, they keep looking the same way inside the game, or even worse they look invisible or pretty fu**-up...im running out of ideas and i really dont know what else should i do, can someone help me with this...PLEASE :(!