What parts of the Config folder should I look at to make Proxy Mines stupidly OP like in b14?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Hannibalian

What parts of the Config folder should I look at to make Proxy Mines stupidly OP like in b14?

Post by Hannibalian »

I'd love to get back the ability to stack them on unactivated pods, though I understand that it's probably difficult to do. What I am also having difficulty finding, though, is damage and radius. How can I restore them to their b14 glory, even if in a lesser form?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: What parts of the Config folder should I look at to make Proxy Mines stupidly OP like in b14?

Post by johnnylump »

DefaultGameCore.ini, line 2009

Weapons=( strName="", iType=eItem_MecProximityMineLauncher, ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_MEC_ProximityMine, ABILITIES[1]=0, ABILITIES[2]=0, ABILITIES[3]=0, ABILITIES[4]=0, ABILITIES[5]=0, Properties[0]=eWP_Mec, Properties[1]=eWP_Secondary, Properties[2]=eWP_NoReload, Properties[3]=eWP_Explosive, Properties[4]=0, Properties[5]=0, iDamage=10, iEnvironmentDamage=125, iRange=17, iReactionRange=30, iReactionAngle=200, iRadius=240, iCritical=0, iOffenseBonus=0, iSuppression=0, iSize=eItemSize_Large, iHPBonus=0, iWillBonus=0 )

iDamage and iRadius ought to do the trick (I hope). iRadius is in Unreal Units, which I think is 96 per XCOM tile? (It's been a long, long time)
Hannibalian

Re: What parts of the Config folder should I look at to make Proxy Mines stupidly OP like in b14?

Post by Hannibalian »

Huh. I trawled through DefaultGameCore.ini and searched for "mine" and for some reason couldn't find it. I must've hit the wrong button or something. Thanks, JL!

I don't suppose there's any possibility that you guys exposed the activation behavior to the ini, did you? And as a secondary question: what is the difference between iRange, iReactionRange, and iReactionAngle?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I'm pretty sure the prox mine behavior is hard coded, sorry.

- iRange is the distance you can throw or shoot something
- iReactionRange is the max distance you will shoot your primary weapon when you are on overwatch. No effect on other weapons. The only time we used this was to limit the reaction range of shotguns.
- iReactionAngle is unused; I assume it was part of an iteration of the base game during development that had a system for unit facing and controlled how far to the left or right of your facing you could shoot on overwatch.