What about modding?

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
dethraker

What about modding?

Post by dethraker »

Hey Pavonis,

I was rather fond of Long War Studios but the name Pavonis is slowly growing on me. Nostalgia aside, what are the plans for making the game openly moddable for others to enjoy modifying it into their own experience? I know programming is no small feat and trying to find a proper balance between tactical and strategic gameplay is going to be a struggle all it's own but I wanted to ask regardless.

Long War was where you got your start and since then you have been slowly molding yourselves into a respectable development studio, the work you've contributed to XCom 2 alone is enough to show how talented you are. I have my own misgivings about a paid mod team, or maybe it's that I don't want to wait any longer than necessary for a game from your team, but I can't argue that the content you have created thus far isn't some of the best available for XCom 2. I can't wait to see what comes in a game created by a team as passionate as yours, but the question still remains.

Will Terra Invicta be a moddable game?

Given your plans for the development I am excited to play your game as it is released, but as a modder I also see potential to create different experiences from the plans you and your team have for Terra Invicta.
Amineri

Re: What about modding?

Post by Amineri »

Moddability is something I am considering as I lay out the architecture, but it does entail extra coding work. Ideally I would like to include moddability, but we'll have to see how development goes.
dethraker

Re: What about modding?

Post by dethraker »

Amineri wrote:Moddability is something I am considering as I lay out the architecture, but it does entail extra coding work. Ideally I would like to include moddability, but we'll have to see how development goes.
Awesome to hear it's something that is being considered and thanks for the response!