Difficulty Settings?

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
rcf31415

Difficulty Settings?

Post by rcf31415 »

what kind of difficulty settings will you have? I am assuming some sort of easy - med - hard with optional ironman settings but it would be cool if you also had modular settings to adjust the difficulty of each faction and furthermore brake down handicaps and perks to individual aspects of the game such as advisor stats vs recourses from space bases vs background support on earth vs combat.

Usually after playing games like this a couple of times I enjoy going back and playing wildly with these settings if available. would also be useful for balancing to your default difficulty if variables are in place and early access can hep test ;)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Difficulty Settings?

Post by johnnylump »

A fine question. We don't really have much of an answer yet. There are lots of levers we can use but want the AI playing to its potential before anything else.
rcf31415

Post by rcf31415 »

Absolutely. 100% getting that AI working is far more important. I would still keep handicaps and bonuses in mind though since each faction has their own unique victory condition even with a human player controlling each faction there should be consideration for variables that allow balancing tweaks.

Either way so excited to play this game. keep up the good work.
Evil713

Post by Evil713 »

I must admit I am one that plays easy to normal most of the time. I expect that the Ai will fight everyone not just me. It was bad in a game called StarDrive 2 where it didn't matter how many ai there were, they were all out to kill just you. I generally play with as many factions as possible to give myself a chance.