Feedback

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
TaliesinSkye

Feedback

Post by TaliesinSkye »

Hello Devs! I'm a backer who's loving the demo. I have a few small pieces of feedback so far:

1. Sometimes national statistics like GDP, support, or unrest change and it's not clear which factors are affecting them or by how much. It would be really helpful if when I hover over those figures the tooltip could tell me how much various factors contributed to rise and fall over the last 30 days, and/or on a daily basis. You could obfuscate factors that are intentionally unknown to the player like alien activity or hostile missions as having unknown sources, but it would be nice for them to have a line item so I know to go hunt down what's going on.

2. Many routine councilor missions get rather repetitive and tedious a few years into the game, and I think they're ripe for basic automation. I'm envisioning something like being able to right click on missions like public support or reduce unrest and have the councilor automatically perform those mission type(s) in the country where the player has at least one control node that has the lowest public support or greatest unrest each turn until told to stop or there are no more valid targets. It'd be nice if there were a way to set a maximum resource spend and a desired % success target for these automated missions, so the player could order something like 'Spend up to $40 to get at least a 70% chance of success', but that's getting fancier than is strictly necessary. They could just always spend nothing and that would be okay.

3. It's not clear whether the Advise mission does anything, or how much, or for how long. Other mission types are generally pretty good about giving feedback like how many points you shifted popular support, so something like that would be helpful.

4. The game tells me that I'm supposed to be finding alien activity and dealing with it, and suggests that I'm supposed to surveil areas where I suspect alien activity, but it's not at all clear to me whether I'm accomplishing anything by doing that or if I'm doing the right thing. It might be nice to have some more guidance there and on how the whole detecting thing works as it relates to both aliens and hostile councilors.

5. In Skirmish mode it would be helpful if I could see what the various ship classes consist of without going into battle with them, and add ships if I reduce the number on a side below 3. Forgive me if either of those capabilities are already in the interface somewhere and I didn't see them.

That's it for now, thanks guys!