Suggestion: UI Scale

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
bobgrey1997

Suggestion: UI Scale

Post by bobgrey1997 »

I've been waiting a long time for this project to come out, and finally got the demo downloaded!
I have one major suggestion that is absolutely essential, and one that would be nice to have later on.

The most important thing is the UI scale and size of text. I am mostly blind in my right eye and am far from perfect in my left. The tiny text makes this game unplayable, and even setting text scale to 300% in Windows (the welcome text when logging in takes up almost the entire screen), the in-game text gets no better.
Many games offer an interface scale setting which absolutely essential for people with bad vision.

The other suggestion is to include voice acting in the opening cutscene. It is very awkward to have to read the tiny text while a nice visual cutscene is playing. Taking even a glance at the visuals can cause you to miss an entire line of lore. Not to mention this leaves a very odd cheap feeling first impression, especially when compared to the overall visual style and music.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: UI Scale

Post by johnnylump »

Voice acting is fully planned for the opening cutscene; we just haven't cast the role yet. Thanks for your feedback.
bobgrey1997

Re: Suggestion: UI Scale

Post by bobgrey1997 »

I figured it was probably planned. A demo isn't a complete product, after all. I just though I might as well note it in my suggestion.
The UI scale is something I definitely hope to see eventually.