Small countries and control point costs

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
ElPresidente

Small countries and control point costs

Post by ElPresidente »

It's completely out of whack.
The strategy is to go for big countries because the difference in CP cost is not that big, but the difference in power is immense.
Simply put, small countries are too expensive to maintain at the moment for too little benefit.
Not to mention that fortifying control points costs in a nation costs the same regardless of size and number of control points. So the influence costs are also skewed there too.

And speaking of small countries - I don't get the decision to keep some tiny countries (counties so small you need a map marker), but then completely remove others - like mine.
So you combined Slovenia, Crotia and Bosnia into one nation... ok,I hate it, but you could have at least came up with a new flag that combines elements of all 3, instead of using Bosnian flag.
Same for the other combos you made. The eastern balkan states need their own flag.

And I also hate it how you decided the moden, progressive multi-cult big nations are stable, but while small homogenous countries like mine are not, when in reality is it the opposite. I can assure you there's less crime and less tension here then in the US or UK or Germany.