repeated crashing

Troubleshooting instructions here
Vanguard{Aqua}

repeated crashing

Post by Vanguard{Aqua} »

i got the mod to load only once before but i xouldent click any of the menu buttons on the main menu so i reinstalled ever sense then all im getting is the 'loading user settings' thing on the menu and the game crashes,ive done everything in the troubleshooter save the hex swap as ive no idea how to do that ive verified and reinstalled the game several times now but its still crashing.. idk what to do

vanilla game works fine though so its something with the mod but i dont know what
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: repeated crashing

Post by johnnylump »

Did you run the troubleshooting steps? Particularly the one about playing in offline mode?
Vanguard{Aqua}

Post by Vanguard{Aqua} »

tried that too steam poped an error and the game wouldent even start it kept popping something along the lines of steam being to busy to process my request yet in online mode i could get to the 'loading/configureing user settings popup on the games main menu

EDIT: Exact message: the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for xcom enemy unknown error code (3)
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Post by szmind »

Vanguard{Aqua} wrote:tried that too steam poped an error and the game wouldent even start it kept popping something along the lines of steam being to busy to process my request yet in online mode i could get to the 'loading/configureing user settings popup on the games main menu

EDIT: Exact message: the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for xcom enemy unknown error code (3)
After June 14th Steam users report problems with getting started multiple games, including XCOM EW. They the error code (3) as you say. Try setting system date on your PC to June 13th and check if the game starts. I know - it is stupid solution to change date each time you run the game, but until steam support solves the problem...
Vanguard{Aqua}

Post by Vanguard{Aqua} »

got it running changeing the date worked while offline

Edit:any idea when/if steams gonna fix ythe issue haveing to roll back the date on my pc everytime i wana plays gonna get annoying fast